PDA

View Full Version : US GRUNT GEAR - Warhog Modular

platoonDaddy
08-16-10, 18:08
Talked to Robert via email and phone today about his Warhog Modular Belt. Told him my requirements:

1. Want too connect my Blackhawk CQC holster to the belt- he said no problem purchase a Blade-Tek latching attachment system.

2. Needed suspenders to wear the padded belt for winter ops on the outside of my parka. No problem, he also sells them.

3. Then asked him about the Outer Cobra Belt, he said are you jumping out of planes? :smile:. Certainly saved me $60.

As many threads have stated what great customer service, dang what a great person.

mwc5
08-18-10, 21:39
I purchased an Infidel padded belt & and some AR/HG pouches from USGG about a month ago - FIRST RATE gear.

Best comparison I could make - the USGG belt looks & feels like a Lamborghini compared to an ATS belt "Chevy" sedan.

Excellent kit !!! :shout:

marine2169
08-18-10, 22:12
I been using the infidel belt for a year now, and I second that.

Top gear.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not
Thomas Jefferson.

platoonDaddy
08-19-10, 06:10

just curious: both of you selected the infidel vs modular belt, may I ask what was the deciding factor?

rob_s
08-19-10, 06:24
I have both the Warhog and the Infidel. If I get some time free one of the things on my to-do list is to get some comparison pics of the two. I run the Warhog as a pistol/rifle and the Infidel pistol-only.

marine2169
08-19-10, 08:32
Both, the Warhog and the Infidel have the same modular features. I use the Infidel because I wear a PLate carrier vest with it, and the Infidel does not interfere.
I think the Warhog is wider. Robert explained to me the Warhog may interfere with a vest, but not with a chest rig.
I can wear the infidel for weeks, that's how comfortable it is, and it does not move on you. No matter what physical activities you are doing.

The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
James Madison

JSantoro
08-19-10, 10:01
While I like the BFG SOC-C belt setup I have, I'm not a fan of the bulk and have been toying with the idea of trying to go with minimal padding. It looks like the USGG SRT belt may fit the bill.

From what I can tell, the only difference between it and the Infidel is that it uses 1/4" padding instead of 1/2". Have I got that right?

rob_s
08-19-10, 10:09
Jim, I believe that is the case but a quick email to Robert at USGG should get you an answer within 24-48 hours. FWIW, even the Warhog results in less real-world bulk than the BFG in my experience.

I'm thinking about adding one of his outer cobra belts (http://usgruntgear.com/outercobrabelt.html) for off-range use. My ONLY complaint so far with the velcro inner-belt system is that once you take off the padded belt you're left with a pants belt with a hook side exposed that tends to snag on things. I was thinking of having Robert make me up a cover belt, which without the Cobra buckle, should be a much lower cost solution.

JSantoro
08-19-10, 10:40
Yeah, it was my intent to toss a message, regardless.

With you on the reduced bulk. Looks like the lack of stacked layers slicks those down pretty nice, hence my interest. Thought about the Warhog, but I run the same kit as my customers, and that raised back on the Warhog is a no-go with my plate carrier setup, much less the full vest.

rob_s
08-19-10, 11:02
Definitely with you on excluding the Warhog from your process. I can see how it would be a no-go with large plate carriers.

platoonDaddy
08-19-10, 17:00
My ONLY complaint so far with the velcro inner-belt system is that once you take off the padded belt you're left with a pants belt with a hook side exposed that tends to snag on things.
I was thinking of having Robert make me up a cover belt, which without the Cobra buckle, should be a much lower cost solution.

He has a {cut and pasted from his web page } "Double Layer 1.75" Webbing, Velcro and snap closure. Great comfortable belt for gun holster and pistol and mag pouches." Still expensive at $34 and change.

http://usgruntgear.com/contractorbelt.html

marine2169
08-19-10, 17:15
Rob_S
I have the Contractor belt that covers the Velcro inner belt.
I use it with a conceal holster, every day, and when heading to range, and easy change to the Infidel belt.

mwc5
08-19-10, 22:42

just curious: both of you selected the infidel vs modular belt, may I ask what was the deciding factor?

I spoke with USGG on the phone asking for a war belt for carbine classes and Robert recommended the Infidel.

It was a great choice, very comfortable, almost forget your wearing it. :D

mrbieler
08-20-10, 22:25
Had a nice conversation with Robert on the phone today. Interesting to talk to the maker to understand the hows and whys of what he's putting out.

Have an Infidel belt and some other bits en route. Looking forward to running this.