PDA

View Full Version : AR mod suggestions

amac
08-16-10, 20:36
I've been runnin a stock SW M&P AR for about a year. I use an Eotech 512 optic, no iron sights, a one point sling and collapsible stock. The front rail is 7" and is basic poly with heat shield. I dont' shoot comp, so I wasn't in a hurry to mod up my AR. I've been looking at all the cool pics on this forum and now want to dress my rig up. Where to start?

One thought is to spend on training to shoot what I would spend on mods. Or do I make my AR look cool? If I decide to start moding, where do I place the priorities? Sorry to ask a noobish question, but I don't know anyone locally to ask this stuff. Not even at the range. Thanks for the feedback.

Thomas M-4
08-16-10, 20:57
If you opt for the training. In class you can see what others are using and what works and what doesn't it will help you decide on what you would like to do. And on + side you will have some training under your belt.

Iraqgunz
08-16-10, 21:00
I would start with getting a front/ rear BUIS. if your optic fails you need another way of being on target.

What do you have the weapon for? Home defense or decoration? If it's for serious business get a flashlight, some extra mags and practice.

I've been runnin a stock SW M&P AR for about a year. I use an Eotech 512 optic, no iron sights, a one point sling and collapsible stock. The front rail is 7" and is basic poly with heat shield. I dont' shoot comp, so I wasn't in a hurry to mod up my AR. I've been looking at all the cool pics on this forum and now want to dress my rig up. Where to start?

One thought is to spend on training to shoot what I would spend on mods. Or do I make my AR look cool? If I decide to start moding, where do I place the priorities? Sorry to ask a noobish question, but I don't know anyone locally to ask this stuff. Not even at the range. Thanks for the feedback.

Jay Cunningham
08-16-10, 21:00
One thought is to spend on training to shoot what I would spend on mods.

Wisdom.

orionz06
08-16-10, 21:06
Other than not having BUIS, what does the gun not do now that you wished it would? If you are adding items that do not solve a problem you are probably just making the gun heavier.

kaltesherz
08-16-10, 21:47
Wow, running an EOtech without BUIS's?? Other than picking up some, as others have stated, shoot / train, then gradually you'll figure out what works and what doesn't. Run a lot of rounds and drills, rinse, repeat.

Looking cool will just make you more of a priority target :D

jaxman7
08-16-10, 23:08
Amac I know via a previous post that you live reasonably close to me. With that said there is a very good training school, IMO, reasonably close by. I am seriously considering taking another class with the same instructor in the near future. PM me if you are interested bud.
I must say though a good set of back up irons and a quality weapon mounted light would be a good investment.