PDA

View Full Version : Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster

platoonDaddy
08-17-10, 12:48
How is the following possible, certainly I am missing something? If anyone uses the holster and you have pictures, would love too see them. Just can't imagine how it is completely concealed. :confused:

After much feed back from our customers we have redesigned the UCH, making it slightly smaller. The loop is now injection molded making it much stronger than ever.

This holster has the same features as our popular IWB model. It is fully adjustable for FBI Cant or Straight Drop, allowing for the shirt to be tucked into the pants, completely concealing the firearm and holster.

http://www.blade-tech.com/Blade-Tech-Ultimate-Concealment-Holster-pr-821.html#product_images

John_Wayne777
08-17-10, 12:52
The site isn't loading for me, but I would imagine that it's a tuckable holster...meaning you tuck the shirt over the holster itself. This is generally accomplished with a belt clip that has a space where you can tuck the shirt so it covers the outside of the holster.

jasonhgross
08-17-10, 12:59
Its a kydex mitch Rosen Workman.

Palmguy
08-17-10, 13:14
The site isn't loading for me, but I would imagine that it's a tuckable holster...meaning you tuck the shirt over the holster itself. This is generally accomplished with a belt clip that has a space where you can tuck the shirt so it covers the outside of the holster.

Site's working for me, and that's exactly what it is.

platoonDaddy, the only visible part of that holster with a tucked-in shirt would be the belt clip itself.

Personally I've never been able to pull off a tuckable holster without there being a very conspicuous bulge but I admittedly haven't tried in years either.

platoonDaddy
08-17-10, 14:07
dang, thanks never knew anyone who had one. Will check them out at the next gun show.

Again thanks

MTechnik
08-17-10, 14:44

platoonDaddy, the only visible part of that holster with a tucked-in shirt would be the belt clip itself.

Personally I've never been able to pull off a tuckable holster without there being a very conspicuous bulge but I admittedly haven't tried in years either.

You have to "blouse" (pull extra up that would have been tucked in, and let it hang freely) out the shirt a bit, but it works.

That said, (I am a LEFTY) until I moved the holster to a 7:30'ish position (well behind the hip), and put it at a canted angle, it was really uncomfortable. Now it's tolerable for long car rides.

Palmguy
08-17-10, 15:20
You have to "blouse" (pull extra up that would have been tucked in, and let it hang freely) out the shirt a bit, but it works.

That said, (I am a LEFTY) until I moved the holster to a 7:30'ish position (well behind the hip), and put it at a canted angle, it was really uncomfortable. Now it's tolerable for long car rides.

Yeah, I know blousing is necessary, and I'm sure people can pull it off or tuckable holsters wouldn't be sold anymore...I just never got it to work for me. It's just easier for me to just go untucked; really the only time I'd be concerned with trying to tuck would be at church, but it's socially acceptable in my church environment to have an untucked dress shirt. I don't carry at work so that's a non-issue for me.

Buckaroo
08-17-10, 15:33

I have used velcro clips with great success on tuckable holsters. They stick to velcro that is applied to the inside of one's belt so they are even less visible. (I would never say invisible but darn near.)

Buckaroo

skipper49
08-18-10, 20:19
I have two of the UCH's , one for my Kahr P-40 and another for my G-26. The Glock is just two thick for me to tuck w/o looking like I need surgery, so I just use it as a very good IWB holster. The cant is adjustable and the holster is very secure.
On the one for the P-40, I cut the outer part of the belt clip off, leaving a small "J" at the bottom. That makes the clip just about invisible and allows me to slip the gun and holster off as a unit in a couple of seconds.
A STIFF belt really helps with the tuckable or the belly band that I also use a lot. The stiffness pulls the gun in close without making so much of a "hump" visible.
I've used the UCH for the P-40 for about seven or eight years with no regrets.

Skip

Beat Trash
08-19-10, 17:41
It is a kydex Workman. I've own a workman for several years.

I bought a UCH for a Glock 19 in around 2000 - 2001. Love the thing.

I bought another UCH for a full size M&P when I was issued one about 4-5 years ago. The newer UCH uses thinner kydex, and the belt attachment (for lack of a better term) is not the same type of kydex as the holster.

The older UCH's belt attachment was the same, and it was mounted rock solid. On my newer UCH, the screw hole on the belt piece enlarged a tad bit, as the piece seems to be made of a more flexible plastic.

No matter how tight I crew the belt piece down, it will loosen up and the holster will shift.

I have addressed this issue with Blade-Tec. They have offered to send me a new belt piece twice. I have yet to see anything arrive.

I love my older UCH holster for my Glock 19. But I will not be buying anymore UCH holsters though. I'm really not impressed with the newer, thinner (cheaper in quality, in my opinion) holster design.

Rider79
08-19-10, 21:04
I have one for sale for a Glock 17 in the EE. Nice holster, but not really my thing. The tuckable feature doesn't work for me because of my size/build. I use mostly Raven or Peters stuff now.

MechEng
08-20-10, 12:03

Same here. I have to wear a really baggy shirt to pull it off.

BillSWPA
08-20-10, 12:10
I have tried at least half a dozen tuckable holsters, including Mitch Rosen's Workman, a Blade Tech tuckable holster, and others. Even with the shirt bloused, there was a very obvious gun-shaped bulge. In most cases, the belt attachment was also quite visible. However, even using a belly band, tucking in a shirt has never worked for me.

Furthermore, if your belt is tight enough to hold everything up, it will also be tight enough to restrict your ability to pull up your shirt.

Don't waste your money on any tuckable holster.