PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Springs, Georgia - New Indoor Range

rljatl
08-17-10, 14:20
A new indoor range and gun club opened on Roswell Rd. in Sandy Springs. Very nice. There are 16 lanes and a members lounge with leather sofas, etc…

$19 unlimited time for non-members. $10 from 11:00 - 2:00 weekdays. 3:00 in the afternoon on a Tuesday and I think all 16 lanes were in use with a few a people waiting.

How do these rates compare to what you're used to?

I recently read that the shooting sports generate way more sales revenue than golf or tennis!

hank2165
08-22-10, 18:01
I'm over in Powder Springs. What is the name of the range? Given our other choices the price seems fair enough.

rljatl
08-22-10, 19:30
The name is Sandy Springs Gun Club and Range. 770-394-4867
8040 Roswell Rd
Sandy Springs, GA 30350

A friend in West Palm says his local indoor range only charges $8 unlimited time, but you have to buy their ammo! They will not let you shoot anything but their ammo. I did not see any such restriction at SSGC&R.

PaintItBlack
09-03-10, 17:15
Wild West in Smyrna charges $10/hr. Nicks in Marietta charges $8/30 minutes. Hi Caliber in Canton charges $14 unlimited time. ACM is up on Peachtree Industrial Blvd and they also have a ~$15 unlimited. A new range is under construction in Roswell.

Adventure Outdoors is opening a mega gun store and range in Smyrna about 1/2 mile south of their current location.

My outdoor range in Jasper is $100/yr. I prefer to shoot outdoors because of the ventilation, but it is a long drive.

Evolution
09-04-10, 18:14
There is another one opening in Roswell. It's about six miles north of the SSGCR and will be called Shooters USA.

For what it's worth I really like Hi Caliber; nice folks who know their stuff; good selection of guns. Wild West is pretty good too. Not real familiar with the others.

bvmbandit
09-27-10, 12:20
The Lock Stock and Barrel in Grantville charges $10 / hour + targets. You have to use their targets. He has a 50, 100, and 150 yard outdoor rifle range with at least 6 benches and a indoor shooting range to 30 yards. Best kept secret in the Western upstate of Georgia. They have a website as well.http://www.thelockstockandbarrel.com

Scott

mkaeding
09-27-10, 18:09
The name is Sandy Springs Gun Club and Range. 770-394-4867
8040 Roswell Rd
Sandy Springs, GA 30350

A friend in West Palm says his local indoor range only charges $8 unlimited time, but you have to buy their ammo! They will not let you shoot anything but their ammo. I did not see any such restriction at SSGC&R.

You can shoot your own ammo. Range is nice and new. Air Filtration system seems to work well. A bunch of 25 yard lanes and several 35s. I think the 35 yard lanes cost a little more unless your a member.

11B101ABN
11-04-10, 15:39
Nice to know. Good gouge.

wahoo95
02-25-11, 16:49
I have a friend who's a member there. She seems to like the place. I'll be in town to check in out in a few weeks.

Business_Casual
06-03-12, 17:30
I recently moved to metro Atlanta and I was shocked to find that most ranges do not allow you to draw from a holster.

Can you use your holster at Sandy Springs?

B

mkaeding
06-03-12, 17:40
I am not certain of the official policy. *But, in my experience if you can demonstrate to the range personnel that you are competent *drawing from a holster, they will allow you to lift the gate and draw from the station. *Best to do this when it is not crowded and the risk of incompetent onlookers attempting to duplicate your procedure is low. Your experience my vary.

Atlshaun
02-01-13, 19:32
I am not certain of the official policy. *But, in my experience if you can demonstrate to the range personnel that you are competent *drawing from a holster, they will allow you to lift the gate and draw from the station. *Best to do this when it is not crowded and the risk of incompetent onlookers attempting to duplicate your procedure is low. Your experience my vary.

They will not allow this