PDA

View Full Version : Ramshot Silhouette.....

davestarbuck
08-17-10, 22:58
....is the best 9mm powder I've tried so far!!!! I've used Red Dot,Bullseye, Unique, and Power Pistol so far will decent results, but 5.8 gr of Silhouette behind a Montana Gold 115 gr FMJ is now "the load" I'll be using from now on!!! It burns clean, and is as accurate a load as I've ever used in my Glock 19. Best of all, it shoots POA/POI at 25 yards with my Ameri GLO "Combat" sights. And it produces no flash whatsoever!!!

I'd like to mention that it meters very well in my Lee Pro Auto Disk measure, which I have been using in Lieu of Dillon's powder measure on my 550.. Every pull of the handle gives 5.8 gr of powder in the case, without fail...

I pretty much only bulk load 2 calibers, .223 and 9mm, so if I only had 2 powders to use I'd use TAC and Silhouette...

-dave

MarshallDodge
08-20-10, 19:16
You won't get any arguments from me. I use it in both 9mm, 40, and hopped up 45ACP loads.

ralph
08-24-10, 18:27
How well does this powder work with hard cast lead?? And has anyone used it with a .45acp?? I've been looking for something that works well with both 9mm and .45acp..I shoot hard cast lead in both..

Turnkey11
08-24-10, 23:11
I switched to ramshot powders a couple years ago and never looked back. Best kept secret in the reloading community.

davestarbuck
09-07-10, 21:41
How well does this powder work with hard cast lead?? And has anyone used it with a .45acp?? I've been looking for something that works well with both 9mm and .45acp..I shoot hard cast lead in both..

Works fine, I use it with my home cast 158 SWC for .38 special...

-dave

Pumpkinheaver
09-07-10, 22:20
I've used this powder for years, way back when it was called WAP(Winchester Action Pistol) I like it a lot but it never shot as good for me with cast bullets as Bullseye.

MarshallDodge
09-08-10, 09:11
Just finished off a 4lb. container of Silhouette last night. At 5.6 grains per round that is exactly 5000 rounds loaded in the last 18 months. 3000 of those were 9mm, my wife shot most of that, and she switched to 45 earlier this year. :eek:

I've used this powder for years, way back when it was called WAP(Winchester Action Pistol) I like it a lot but it never shot as good for me with cast bullets as Bullseye. I used it a little back in the WAP days but found that Hodgdon Clays is cleaner behind lead 45ACP bullets. I came back to it a few years ago for 9 and 40 loads. For higher velocity jacketed 45 rounds I use Silhouette.