PDA

View Full Version : Pretty cool hitch

RSR
06-28-07, 09:27
Saw these and thought they were pretty cool. I have nothing to do with them, just wanted to pass it on:https://secure1.totalink.net/targetbarn/newstore2.asp?CAT=MISC&SubCat=HITCHCOVERS
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k306/scottitorun/hitchcover-white.jpg

Robb Jensen
07-09-07, 05:16
They are neat, I've had one on my Ranger for a couple of years. You don't want the white one, you want the tan one with holes in it.

A white target is a 'no-shoot' target.

rob_s
07-09-07, 06:25
They are neat, I've had one on my Ranger for a couple of years. You don't want the white one, you want the tan one with holes in it.

A white target is a 'no-shoot' target.
I dunno, I think I might want a "no shoot". Wouldn't want an over-zealous IPSC shooter to hear a beep somewhere and go punching holes in the back of my Escalade! :D

Robb Jensen
07-09-07, 06:35
I dunno, I think I might want a "no shoot". Wouldn't want an over-zealous IPSC shooter to hear a beep somewhere and go punching holes in the back of my Escalade! :D

I guess you could get the white one with holes in it if you're one of those guys who hits the 'no shoots' regularly! ;)

I've noticed something from shooting lots of IPSC (no shoots are always white). When at the last big sanctioned IDPA Blackwater Shootout, many of the targets in the shoothouses had white T-shirts and some black (in IPSC and IDPA black is hardcover). When I shot those targets I did all headshots on them subconsciously (out of habit). I still placed 3rd Expert in SSP (was hoping for 1st).

I did this once at a low light match at Shooters Paradise as well, these ones had 'bad guy' faces on them (printed from FBIs most wanted pics). Some were photoshopped to make the good guys and bad guys looks similar. We were told not to do headshots but you had to look at the heads to see who was a good guy and who was a bad guy. I only did headshots which proved "you shoot what you see." And yes I shot a couple of good guys too, they looked damn similar to the bad guys.