PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tried the commenga loader or mags?

THCDDM4
08-18-10, 11:55
Saw one briefly at a friend of a friends house, but didn't get to handle it or ask about it. Anyone use them, do you like them and why? Any benefits to them overr the Lula or strippers?

mmike87
08-18-10, 20:36
The loader looks interesting, however they can keep the mags. Since the magazine in the AR-15 is already one of the weaker points, making them more complicated doesn't seem that a great idea in practice.

It's easy to load Pmags already. :D

THCDDM4
08-19-10, 10:43
Yeah, I wasn't too much interested in useing the mags, but thought I would ask about them just the same; really I want to know about the acutal loader itself; my wife hates the lula for some reason; got me??? and hates to pop them in over the feed lips, she doesn't like strippers unless I load them up for her; so I am looking for other options, and thought maybe the commenga might be a possibility for her...

ForTehNguyen
08-19-10, 11:08
my friend has a cammenga its ok, sorta pricey. The metal is thicker so its a big more durable but that also makes it heavier. I'd still stick with pmags.

Yeah, I wasn't too much interested in useing the mags, but thought I would ask about them just the same; really I want to know about the acutal loader itself; my wife hates the lula for some reason; got me??? and hates to pop them in over the feed lips, she doesn't like strippers unless I load them up for her; so I am looking for other options, and thought maybe the commenga might be a possibility for her...

Striplula
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLCRJka3CN0

Shrewd
08-19-10, 11:44
According to the series about Hell Week they use the Maglula in BUD/S

JSantoro
08-19-10, 13:07
Mall ninjas use the Maglulas, too, so that must mean that they're also complete gargabe. PARADOX!

Shrewd, you might want to cut the umbilical cord on the idea that BUDs useage = Gold Standard King Product. Those guys make silly equipment decisions here and there, like everybody else. The Maglula is merely one of many loaders that work very well.

In addition to being somewhat heavier, the Cammenga mags are slower to load than a standard mag with a loader and you're more likely to scab up your hands on them when loading, especially if the sliding parts seize in the least.

Shrewd
08-19-10, 13:32
Mall ninjas use the Maglulas, too, so that must mean that they're also complete gargabe. PARADOX!

Shrewd, you might want to cut the umbilical cord on the idea that BUDs useage = Gold Standard King Product. Those guys make silly equipment decisions here and there, like everybody else. The Maglula is merely one of many loaders that work very well.

In addition to being somewhat heavier, the Cammenga mags are slower to load than a standard mag with a loader and you're more likely to scab up your hands on them when loading, especially if the sliding parts seize in the least.

Easy douche bag, all I said was that I saw them using them. I never said that they were the end all be all of mag loaders. Take a nap and get back on when you aren't so cranky.

THCDDM4
08-19-10, 13:50
Easy douche bag, all I said was that I saw them using them. I never said that they were the end all be all of mag loaders. Take a nap and get back on when you aren't so cranky.

You might want to^[U]take your own advice[/U; and utilize it next time...

THCDDM4
08-19-10, 13:56

Thanks for the info, I didn't have too high of hopes, but am seeking alternatives to loading my wifes mags/strippers for her.

The maglula is alright I have one for pistol as well as rifle, but prefer to do it by hand like i have been for years, something about handling every round is warm and fuzzy to me (As long as time permits that is!); I just want the wife to find a comfortable way to load her own so I don't have to anymore; it's not really that big of a deal though.

Thanks again.

Failure2Stop
08-19-10, 14:26

Stop.
J Santoro is an Industry Professional, a title with certain implications on this forum. Look it up.

PM inbound.

Failure2Stop
08-19-10, 14:41
Back on topic-
The Cammenga mag has been discussed many times.
Do a search for "Cammenga" and you will get many threads to follow.

Click below, I did half the work for you
https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=2247165

THCDDM4
08-19-10, 14:56
Back on topic-
The Cammenga mag has been discussed many times.
Do a search for "Cammenga" and you will get many threads to follow.

Click below, I did half the work for you
https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=2247165

Thanks for the link, I did a search before, but didn't see the (1) thread that actually discussed the Comenga "loader" in detail; the others I looked at only referred to the mags, not the loader so much.

Take it easy.