PDA

View Full Version : DDM4 selector issue

justanotherdude
08-18-10, 16:11
Hello everyone, I'm having a (very) slight problem with my DDM4 that I was wondering if you could help me with. When the rifle is cocked and the bolt carrier is fully forward into battery the selector switch works fine and feels like it should. However when the bolt carrier is locked to the rear, the selector is extremely stiff going from safe/fire and vice versa. The only reason I'm curious about this is because I've owned and used many different ARs both as a civilian and military and none have, to my knowledge, had this problem. I removed the pistol grip to make sure the spring and detent were installed properly etc. and it looks like they are so I'm unsure as to what might be causing this problem. I've only put 200 rounds through it since I got it so I can't imagine something has already gone awry mechanically. Anyhow I appreciate any input or ideas. Thanks.

Icculus
08-18-10, 16:15
I'll check mine in a few hours when I get home and let you know

fullmetalredhead
08-18-10, 16:40
Normal. I own two DDM4s and they both do this. When the bolt is rearward, it contacts the hammer, pushing it down slightly. The hammer pushes down on the distal end of the trigger which causes the opposite end to rise and exert an upward pressure on the bottom of the selector switch pin. It is this pressure that is making the switch seem sticky when the bolt is locked back. To watch this in action, disassemble the rifle and push the hammer down with your thumb. Jiggle it up and down and you will notice the trigger/disconnector rising up and down under the selector switch pin.

fullmetalredhead
08-18-10, 16:56
-deleted-