PDA

View Full Version : DD M4/AR-15 Lite 7.0 Rail Complete Upper

Fletch
06-28-07, 16:59
I'm in the process of putting together my first AR-15/M4gery kit. I've got the lower portion of the weapon complete and I'm looking for a complete upper. I've heard a lot of good press about Daniel Defense, specifically in regards to their rails. I'm just curious if anyone has any personal experience with the complete upper - how it shoots, long term, whether it's a good value, etc.

Again I haven't decided on the M4 feed ramps or the AR-15 style and any thoughts on that would be great. I am leaning heavily towards DD because their packages look great.

I've also noticed in some pictures on the DD site some appear to have the continuous rail while others show a break. Do both the AR-15 and M4 complete uppers have a continuous rail at this time?

Thanks in advance,
Fletch

Eric Rice
07-03-07, 19:12
Fletch,

Thanks for inquiring about our products.

We do indeed offer 2 different attachment options for our rails. The original M4 Rail and the newer Lite Rail. The Lite Rail models provide the uninterrupted top rail, while the M4 Rails are the lightest on the market.

I'll let an unbiased source comment on the other items. ;)

Paulinski
07-03-07, 20:24
While I have not had a chance to try DD lite rails I'm very impressed with the M4 rails. The only other rail system I would consider is LaRue.

My $0.02

YMMV

Fletch
07-03-07, 21:03
So it's possible to get the m4 feedramps/barrel and the continuous top rail?

GunLovinTexan
07-03-07, 21:20
I use the Lite Rails and i am truely impressed....

You wont be dissapointed either way.

Fletch
07-03-07, 21:34
Thanks very much for the input. I think I'm going to go for it.

Robb Jensen
07-03-07, 21:57
Top notch stuff. I've been very impressed with everything I've seen from Daniel Defense. From sling mounts to complete uppers.

Eric Rice
07-05-07, 07:15
So it's possible to get the m4 feedramps/barrel and the continuous top rail?

Fletch, all of our barrels and uppers feature M4 feedramps.

Fletch
07-06-07, 14:01
Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks everyone for your input.

I guess I was a little confused after checking the DD website as it never specifically states - that I recollect - whether the uppers feature the M4 feedramps or the old style AR-15 ramps. The fact that there are AR-15 and M4 complete uppers furthered the confusion for me as I thought the "AR-15" portion of the model name referred to the upper assembly and barrel and not the handguard style. This has all been clarified now.

Again, I appreciate everyone's input on the matter. Thanks very much.

~ Fletch