PDA

View Full Version : Saving a buldged barrel?

DMR
08-19-10, 13:02
Robar called to give me good news today. The brand new Storm Lake threaded barrel for my M&P 45 is bulged:mad: Since I haven't fired it and I got it straight from Storm Lake, that leaves my local shop that installed the Apex sear set. Other than Gander Mountain he is my only choice in the area, so I have used them mostly for transfers.

When I recieved the pistol back I noticed that he had test fired it, but didn't bother to check the barrel before I sent it of to Robar. I have heard rumblings about his shop over the years, but no first hand problems have been reported to me. Once i get the barrel back I'll take it over and see what he will do, but I think I know were that will end up. :shout:

Sooooo.... what do you do with a buldged M&P barrel? Toss it in the parts bin? What else should I check out on my pistol to make sure there are no other issues?

Thanks

MookNW
08-19-10, 13:10
I don't know about storm lakes policies, but if only one round was fired through it, maybe send it to them for a replacement? Did you call the smith you brought it to for the apex work and ask them what kind of ammo they test fired your gun w/?

DMR
08-19-10, 13:24
Yeah I just spoke with them. They don't even remember the pistol being in the shop, let alone if there was an issue. Waiting on the call back from Strom Lake.

Business_Casual
08-19-10, 13:35
Throw it out before an accident happens. It's not like it is an FJ-42 barrel, to paraphrase a popular 1911 gunsmith and trainer.

B_C