PDA

View Full Version : Free Credit Report Heads-up

CyberM4
08-19-10, 16:19
I checked my CC statement online. I got a bill from mini credit report or whatever for $15. I called VISA on this. I have not used my CC online since June. I asked VISA how the heck did they get my CC#. I called the 866#. They wanted my SS or CC#. Which I told them I would not give them. VISA did credit me back. The company name is Free credit report.com.:nono: Don't know IF this has happened too anyone else.

kwelz
08-19-10, 16:34
Did you ever order one of their (not so) free Credit reports? Those are universally a scam to get you into one of their "Credit monitoring" services.

Everyone is entitled to one free Credit report from each of the 3 big agencies once per year. Outside of that anything you hear is a lie.

orionz06
08-19-10, 16:46
There is a "trial period" clause many of them use. They want you to cancel withing 30 days using their painful process in hopes they catch you on it and get away with it.

CyberM4
08-19-10, 17:46
All I know about them is their ad on TV. I did not go too their web site or call a number. So I don't know how they got my CC# too bill me for what I never looked into.