PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried CMMG's steel follower and braided mag springs?

Yojimbo
06-29-07, 08:55
I really like what I'm seeing especially the SS follower.

Has anyone here tried these?

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/images/915.jpg

5POINT56
07-02-07, 08:11
I've been looking for info in them as well.

"Immortal" is a tall claim...and though I really like the idea, I'm not informed enough to decide whether or not they really are worth the extra scratch.

I love CMMG....just need a little more real world experience on these mags.

Yojimbo
07-02-07, 09:33
I'm not too surprised that there isn't much actual use info on thses followers and springs.

I'm also pretty conservative with my mags and stick to what has been working for me for many years and thousands of rounds...the USGI green followers.;)

However, I've been upgrading to the chrome silicon springs when I replace the mag springs.

The CMMG followers and spings just really stood out to me because of their construction. I always take claims like "Make your mags immortal..." with a grain of salt but these sure look like they would keep working for a long time.

Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and setup a few mags with these parts to see how well they work.

Jay Cunningham
07-02-07, 09:49
I am thinking that the Magpul PMags are set to make every magazine and follower combo out there obsolete in short order.

Yojimbo
07-02-07, 12:02
I am thinking that the Magpul PMags are set to make every magazine and follower combo out there obsolete in short order.

According too all that I have seen and heard about the PMag, I tend to agree.

However, I still have quite few USGI mags and I generally try to upgrade them when it's time to do maintenance...;)