PDA

View Full Version : Help installing Vltor Modstock

denniscalhounhare
08-21-10, 07:23
Is there a video showing how to install and/or remove a Vltor Modstock?

sadmin
08-21-10, 07:49
? is your buffer tube all set and all that needs to be done is slide the stock on? just pull the lever down, and slide it on...

denniscalhounhare
08-21-10, 08:48
Preparing to build another AR, and when I try to remove my existing Modstock from my Noveske, it does not just come off. ....so if it doesn't come off that easy, my thoughts are it may not go on the new rec. ext. that easy.

sadmin
08-21-10, 08:54
pull that pin straight down, by pulling the lever down at the base, it will come off.

RD62
08-21-10, 12:48
pull that pin straight down, by pulling the lever down at the base, it will come off.

+1

Extend the stock fully, then pull the lever all the way down away from the stock body. If you pivot the lever like you are adjusting the stock it will not come off. You have to grab the whole lever and pull it straight away from the stock body. It should come off fairly easily then. You may have to wiggle a little though.

Good luck.

-RD62

denniscalhounhare
08-21-10, 14:55
Thanks Fella's. Had it been any easier, it would have done it itself. Funny how the simplest things bind us up.

markm
08-22-10, 09:30
That's funny! The first time I looked at pulling a carbine stock off I thought about drifting the roll pin out of the latch assembly.

I didn't get that far, but it crossed my mind. The modstock actually have a fatter latch for pulling it onto and off of the RE. It's a half of a second installation.