PDA

View Full Version : Droid X vs. iPhone 4 comparisons

VooDoo6Actual
08-21-10, 12:07
redaction.

theblackknight
08-21-10, 12:38
I just wish KAC would make bullitflight from us droid guys.

kwelz
08-21-10, 17:50
I gave the Droid X serious consideration before I purchased my iPhone 4. In the end though I stayed with Apple. To me it is kind of like Surefire. There are other companies out there with a similar or better product on paper. But every time I stray I regret it and end up going back.

orionz06
08-21-10, 23:04
I am generally an avoider of trends that the hipster kids cling to, but I cant be without my iPhone. I have had a few other powerful smartphones, but the interface nails it. I prefer to look at it as not fitting in so much as infiltrating them...

Preferred User
08-21-10, 23:11
The iPhone would be great . . . on another network. Even though I use an issued Blackberry for most things I just picked up a Droid2 as a personal toy and am quite pleased. Swype rocks.

HES
08-22-10, 23:55
Maybe former BB user here who is test driving a Droid X. Short of the ling, but BBs from RIM are still king of the hill when it comes to messaging. Having said that, The Android OS continues to grow and mature and it is narrowing the gap in that category quickly though RIM will always maintain a lead.

Other than that, in every other imaginable way the Android OS beats the BB OS (yes, even version 6) hands down.

I just have to see if I can live with email on a Droid X since I am not on an exchange server.

variablebinary
08-23-10, 00:58
I'd take an Android phone over an any iPhone, and definitely over any blackberry.

Fyrhazzrd
08-23-10, 12:53
Maybe former BB user here who is test driving a Droid X. Short of the ling, but BBs from RIM are still king of the hill when it comes to messaging. Having said that, The Android OS continues to grow and mature and it is narrowing the gap in that category quickly though RIM will always maintain a lead.

Other than that, in every other imaginable way the Android OS beats the BB OS (yes, even version 6) hands down.

I just have to see if I can live with email on a Droid X since I am not on an exchange server.

The one thing I like about BB over droid, is it's message filters.

We did a test drive of the droid x, and had to nix the whole thing because of the lacking of that one little feature. Sure you could purchase a $20 app to fix that shortcoming. But multiply that out by 300 users in our org and that gets to be a heavy price tag.

edit: Also there is another apparent bug with the droid os. If you receive your office voicemails or vonage voicmail as a wav file attachment, then it may or may not be able to play. The Droid we had it worked for about a week and then all of a sudden it says file type not supported. Complete BS.

CarlosDJackal
08-23-10, 14:37
I just wish KAC would make bullitflight from us droid guys.

They have a ballistic program called "Shooters" for the Andriod.

Armati
08-26-10, 19:44
Does anyone know how the Droid 2 stacks up? Now they have the Droid Incredible, Droid X, and Droid 2. Any thoughts?