PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse RBAV-SF

EzGoingKev
08-21-10, 18:28
Does this assemble and have the elastic waste band just like the CIRAS?

All I can really find is front and back pics of it assembled. If anyone has any detailed pics I would appreciate it if you would post them up.

Thanks.

eggroll
08-21-10, 22:31
Yes

it was designed for BAE by the same person who designed the CIRAS for Eagle.

think a CIRAS in 500D - and a lot more comfortable to wear over time

Kentucky Cop
08-22-10, 20:59
As much as I want to like the PIG carrier, I totally forgot about the Eclipse. It seems like it has lots of soft armor coverage and it carries plates too...., right?

I looked at pictures of some bearded dude wearing the PIG and it seem like it didn't have enough coverage to make me feel safe. I too would like to see some pictures of this Eclipse vest in action with some load out on it.

KC

eggroll
08-22-10, 21:03
apples and oranges between the two.... and considering that the BAE lineup has been next to difficult to obtain, there are other options out there.

The PIG is a PLATE CARRIER first and foremost, not an ARMOR carrier for full on BALCS cut softarmor and hardplates

degree of 'safeness' coverage?? Cant adjudicate that unless we knew exactly how it was to be employed

Kentucky Cop
08-22-10, 22:36
apples and oranges between the two.... and considering that the BAE lineup has been next to difficult to obtain, there are other options out there.

The PIG is a PLATE CARRIER first and foremost, not an ARMOR carrier for full on BALCS cut softarmor and hardplates

degree of 'safeness' coverage?? Cant adjudicate that unless we knew exactly how it was to be employed

I totally agree with what you were saying. My last post was really me thinking out loud and was kinda off on the OP's question as I re-read. My bad, I am just looking for a tactical vest and have a few on my mind in which I blurted on here. Carry on and ignore my spout. ;)

KC

Klear Above
08-23-10, 08:46
Through some strange'ness we actually have several of the Eclipse RBAVs in ACU for sale at the Ft Bragg Pro Shop. If you end up needing any pics let me know.

Ga Shooter
08-23-10, 11:23
Through some strange'ness we actually have several of the Eclipse RBAVs in ACU for sale at the Ft Bragg Pro Shop. If you end up needing any pics let me know.

What size and how much?

Klear Above
08-23-10, 12:23
Ga Shooter, PM sent.

Ga Shooter
08-23-10, 12:24
Thanks

EzGoingKev
08-26-10, 21:41
I came across an RBAV that was made by Specialty Defense Systems. The main vest looks like the Eclipse.

I know that Eclipse purchased SDS. Does anyone know if the the SDS vests the same as the ones now being produced by Eclipse?

EzGoingKev
11-12-10, 05:57
I see they sell a long version in size large. I emailed the vendor about the difference but they never replied.

Does anyone have any info on the long version?

SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS
11-17-10, 18:30
I see they sell a long version in size large. I emailed the vendor about the difference but they never replied.

Does anyone have any info on the long version?

Anyone have any info on who to contact at BAE? I tried the eclipse gear site contact links and my mail went undelivered. I tried contacting their PA location and the message on the machine states they're not available...and I keep getting it every time. I contacted BAE directly and no one can get me any info or a single person to speak to directly to get info/prices. The only places that sell them seem to have slightly less than retail prices and not LE/discounted pricing. Any leads? I'm beginning to think I should look elsewhere for a tactical carrier.

Bolt_Overide
11-17-10, 23:07
I dont personally have an RBAV, but a couple guys I know who do swear by em. Considering getting one myself.

piggly_wiggly
11-18-10, 00:02
I suspect that it will be months before we see ours come in and we have a LOT on order. We don't even have pricing finalized yet... Considering that BAE makes more in one Bradley IFV than the entire Eclipse line does commercially, it doesn't surprise me that the Eclipse team doesn't get top billing from corporate. All we know is we jumped through a lot of hoops to get approved as a dealer, and we plan on stocking RBAVs when BAE is good and ready to ship us some! :dance3:

patriot_man
11-20-10, 01:50
I remember when the price was pretty low before. IIRC it jumped around a $150 bucks.

piggly_wiggly
05-15-11, 09:27
We just got a limited number of RBAV-SFs in Multicam. We're pushing them out at $350 each here (http://www.skdtac.com/BAE_RBAV_SF_p/3sk.199.htm).
AF's will be coming later on in all colors, but it will be at a higher price.
SF user's should jump on this deal now while it lasts ;)

occamsrazor
05-15-11, 11:09
I notice you have the large-long size... One thing I've wondered - does anyone actually sell large-long BALCS-cut armor for these? I assume they're made but can't seem to find them for sale online anywhere.
Other question, are you planning to stock the RBAV-HS?

EzGoingKev
05-15-11, 11:38
I notice you have the large-long size... One thing I've wondered - does anyone actually sell large-long BALCS-cut armor for these? I assume they're made but can't seem to find them for sale online anywhere.

I think Paraclete does.

piggly_wiggly
05-15-11, 22:12
We may be able to get LL inserts from BAE- they sold these complete with inserts. As for the HS, we probably wont be dealing in those- we have to pick and choose our battles, and we have chosen to roll heavy with the AF. These SFs were just a nice appetizer that was an opportunity that we thought we could pass on at a great price. ;)

deuce9166
05-17-11, 08:11
I recently got the RBAV-HS, and I really like it. My last two vests have been Eagle LE armor carrier non-releaseable.

The BAE is lighter, and narrower in the chest area making it less restrictive when shooting.

Thinking real hard about buying the SF version from SKD for a range vest.

occamsrazor
05-17-11, 08:19
@deuce9166 - any chance of some pictures of the RBAV-HS, especially while being worn? What size are you and what size RBAV are you wearing?

EzGoingKev
05-19-11, 22:18
I think the only way to determine the correct size is to try them on with the armor installed and your rifle present.

Put the vest on and then shoulder your rifle just like when firing and check to see if the vest is too wide in the shoulder area when you squeeze your shoulders in to hold your rifle.

Your vest can feel great doing everything else, but how it fits when you have to shoot is the most important. If there is an issue when you have to shoot, then all those other things go out the window.

CENTCOM_Survivor
05-24-11, 23:32
I saw these at SOFIC last week and they are very nice. The AF version has some other neat features like hydration carrier, shoulder d-rings, map/doc pocket and commo wire channels which is pretty awesome.

deuce9166
05-26-11, 07:36
Sorry it took so long, and as a matter of fact i do suck at taking pictures.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/deuce9166/Picture014.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/deuce9166/Picture015-1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/deuce9166/Picture024.jpg

I wear a size 42 sport coat (whatever theat means) and the RBAV is a medium.

@deuce9166 - any chance of some pictures of the RBAV-HS, especially while being worn? What size are you and what size RBAV are you wearing?

EzGoingKev
07-31-11, 12:43
Deuce, or anyone that might know, how many columns of molle does the medium sized vest have in the top row?

I have a large and it is a little too wide. I am thinking about down sizing to a medium or going with something like LBT's 6094 that has a total different design in the shoulder area.

deuce9166
08-01-11, 07:51
It has 7 complete columns with about 1/3 of a column on each end. It is pretty narrow through the chest compared to the Eagle LE armor carrier and Eagle plate carrier.

EzGoingKev
08-02-11, 22:08
Thanks, my large has 8 columns with the (2) end ones being "cut" in half by the edging material. It measures about 11.5" across right under the quick release flap.

I need more room in the shoulder area and I don't think the medium will give me the room I need. I might end up going with something like LBT's 6094.