PDA

View Full Version : New grip time....

The Solid
08-22-10, 14:04
Been running my moe grip for awhile now and am looking to swap the trigger guard, so I am throwing around the idea of swapping the grip to something that works a bit better for me. Looking at the MIAD full kit with integrated trigger guard, and am pretty sure it would work out, seeing as how i like the bigger backstrap's. Other grip I am looking at is the ergo suregrip. Main question with it is color, does the green match my foliage green furniture? I like the rubberized feel of the grip alot, as i have a hogue on my 15-22. Just wish they would combine the MIAD with the rubberized hogue/ergo material. What are your opinions?

nickdrak
08-22-10, 14:23
I would also atleast try out the Stark SE-1 grip. It may be ugly as hell, but I love it!

RD62
08-22-10, 14:27
ERGO has Foliage and OD green.

The foliage matches any other foliage I have ever seen.

That being said I believe they told me they were discontinuing foliage, and a quick peek at their website shows black, FDE, and OD. The OD is pretty dark and won't match foliage at all. Someone may have some new old stock, but I don't think they are making any more.

I have both the MIAD, the ERGO, and the MOE. I think the MOE and ERGO are pretty similar in fit, although the MOE seems to be be a little wider side-to-side and the ERGO front-to-back. Of the three the MIAD with the large backstrap fits me best, and the other two are a poor substitute.

-RD62

The Solid
08-23-10, 18:17
I pulled the trigger on a full MIAD kit from primary arms, thanks Marshall. Quite the deal, 32.99 + shipping.