PDA

View Full Version : AIMPOINT battery life.

rsilvers
07-28-06, 23:31
I just got an M3, and noticed that the manual says "50,000 hours on setting 7 out of 10." That is 5.7 years.

The "off" setting is actually setting #1, and is not off at all, but the lowest brightness.

I like setting 8 -- how many hours is that? Does anyone know how many hours on each setting?

C4IGrant
07-29-06, 08:58
I just got an M3, and noticed that the manual says "50,000 hours on setting 7 out of 10." That is 5.7 years.

The "off" setting is actually setting #1, and is not off at all, but the lowest brightness.

I like setting 8 -- how many hours is that? Does anyone know how many hours on each setting?

There are a lot of things that affect battery life (like temps) so it is hard to say how long the battery will last on any one setting. I would set the Aimpoint on a setting that you like and just leave it on. Every 2 years (whether it needs it or not) put a new battery in (as they are cheap).

C4

CapnCrunch
07-29-06, 13:29
Mine stays on and it's not even on a rifle. I plan on replacing the battery every year on my birthday. I'm a simple guy that likes simple things, and you don't get any more simple than that.

rsilvers
07-29-06, 13:31
I would just like to see a chart so I know if there is a big difference between 7 and 8. I know there is no practical reason for me to need to know. I am just into knowing. I like the product.

Harv
07-29-06, 20:41
From Rsilvers

I would just like to see a chart so I know if there is a big difference between 7 and 8. I know there is no practical reason for me to need to know. I am just into knowing. I like the product.

Your splitting hairs. Dont get wrapped around the axel. You will most likely not find a chart on something like this unless you make one your self... I'll be waiting for your post in about 5 years..:p

dubb-1
07-29-06, 21:44
Harv, get outta my brain...:D

rsilvers
07-29-06, 21:55
AIMPOINT must have the chart.

Pat_Rogers
07-29-06, 22:18
Rsilvers, to be bothered this much by esoteric minutia indicates you either have a lot of time on your hands, or have OCD.
If you believe that Aimpoint does in fact have this information, why not just ask them?
I'm sure that Pat Harvath is seated on the edge of his pimk chair, weaing hos jorts, and swilling a dring with an umbrella in it (sorry Pat...)

Harv
07-30-06, 11:09
Hey.. I gotta be comfy while I wait about 5 years to see his chart...;)

VA_Dinger
07-30-06, 12:14
I don't think any of us truly need to worry about Aimpoint battery life. It's just too damn long to worry about. Carry a spare just in case and put it right our of your mind.

Nitrox
07-30-06, 12:46
I hate to say it but I see where Robert is coming from. Aimpoint calculated the battery life so they probably have the statistics for power draw on each setting and comparisons to battery life. Whether that is available to the general public is probably a question best asked of Aimpoint.

That said, I don't think it matters. Buy and extra battery and forget about it.

C4IGrant
07-30-06, 13:01
When companies do battery testing, they make sure that the environment is set up perfectly so they get the most out of the battery. This is why a chart is useless IMHO as no one has a perfect environment (hot half the year and cold the the other).

C4

M193 BALL
08-25-06, 21:48
Bought my ML2 in 2001 still on same batt

On my third set of bats on my 551