PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal...?

Blinking Dog
08-23-10, 11:57
A guy in town is looking to sell a Glock 26 with 3-dot tritiums, plus a stainless spring rod. Package deal with a crossbreed holster, mag carrier, pocket holster as well, plus about 7 mags (3 w/Pierce extensinos and 1 w/2-round extension).

I'm mildly interested in trying the G26, so this is a package I'm curious about. But not so interested in the holster and mag carrier, and really not a fan of 3-dot tritium sights.

Anyway, he says $650 is bottom dollar. What do you think, deal or no deal?

As an alternative my brother will sell me his G26 with CT laser, but no extras. My guess is he'll take something like $400 - $450.

Which seems "better"?

whiterabbit05
08-23-10, 12:04
Sounds like a decent deal to me if everything is in good condition.

What are you going to use it for to not be interested in the holster, mag pouch, and tritium sights?

Second deal sounds decent also. If you don't need all that stuff you stated, I'd go with the second deal and use the money you saved to buy extra magazines and ammo.

Have you priced this stuff already? I'm assuming you already know what everything is worth. If not, here are what I would consider good prices for the above items in EXCELLENT condition:

G26 - $400
Tritium sights - $70
Steel guide rod - $30
Crossbreed holster - $70
Mag carrier - $15
Pocket holster - $15
Magazines - $25 each
Magazine extensions - $5
CT laser - $170

Skyyr
08-23-10, 12:04
A guy in town is looking to sell a Glock 26 with 3-dot tritiums, plus a stainless spring rod. Package deal with a crossbreed holster, mag carrier, pocket holster as well, plus about 7 mags (3 w/Pierce extensinos and 1 w/2-round extension).

I'm mildly interested in trying the G26, so this is a package I'm curious about. But not so interested in the holster and mag carrier, and really not a fan of 3-dot tritium sights.

Anyway, he says $650 is bottom dollar. What do you think, deal or no deal?

As an alternative my brother will sell me his G26 with CT laser, but no extras. My guess is he'll take something like $400 - $450.

Which seems "better"?

You can buy a new G26 for ~$475. Magazines, factor in $20-30 apiece; let's say $25.

The guy selling the G26 wants to charge you the same price you'd pay for a new one and 7 mags ($650) and he's throwing in free night sights, holster, and mag carrier. I'd pass on it. In fact, I'd pass on it even at $600. For the money, I'd rather buy a new one and know it was fully-functioning and in working order, finding a holster and mag holder that fit me later. It becomes even more of a no-brainer if you don't like the holster and have no need for night sights.

Your brother's deal seems good. Again, a new G26 running $475 and CT grips another $175-200, totaling at $650-675. For ~$425, it's a good deal.

ck1
08-23-10, 12:32
Good deals on used G26's are actually kind of scarce it seems but I'd keep it moving on the first deal, the holster and stuff is personal preference and there's better stuff out there IMO (but it's really what YOU like that matters).
The 26 + the CT for 400-450 is a good deal, but only if you want a CT or think you know someone who may want it (they make the grip feel pretty squirrly so I'd sell it or trade it towards some more mags or some sights you like).

Blinking Dog
08-23-10, 12:59
The 26 + the CT for 400-450 is a good deal, but only if you want a CT or think you know someone who may want it (they make the grip feel pretty squirrly so I'd sell it or trade it towards some more mags or some sights you like).

I have CT on my 1911 and really like that option. I figured the CT on a small gun like a G26 would be a good idea, but I do need to shoot one first to be sure. My brother confirmed he bought it new, has less than 1,000 rounds through it has night sights and 2 mags. I need to talk him down I think...although I hate to take advantage of my little bro. :D

Blinking Dog
08-23-10, 13:04
What are you going to use it for to not be interested in the holster, mag pouch, and tritium sights?

I'm really picky about holsters, so I'm not inclined to pay someone for their choice. But would definitely want a holster for it. I'm also not a fan of 3-dot tritium sights. I have Warren 2-dots on my G19, which I love. Don't want to pay extra for sights I don't like. Seller #1 specified his sights in his price determination.

I am intrigued by all the mags, but frankly I'm inclined to let that one pass. I offered a much lower price, which I thought was fair, but he didn't like it.

I also factor in that Cabela's has G26s for $550, and I have a direct mailer from them offering a $150 store credit on purchases over $400. So effectively I could buy a brand new G26 from them for $400. Kind of hard to ignore I suppose.