PDA

View Full Version : LEM/DAK other than HK/SIG?

kal
08-23-10, 21:38
Are there any other pistols that use a LEM/DAK other than HK and SIG?

My taurus 24/7 OSS is conceptually the same as the LEM/DAK triggers, except that the OSS is striker fired. It's really great in that the pull distance is the same in SA or DA and the pull weight in DA is no where near as heavy as a traditional hammer fired SA/DA pistol. The trigger reset on the taurus OSS is also pretty short.

Clearly this is the trigger system I want in a pistol, and so far the HK/SIG LEM/DAK trigger pistols operate the same way the OSS does based on the information I've gathered.

But, I don't know if I'm willing to throw down cash on an HK/SIG yet. I want to know if there are other similar pistols available from a quality manufacturer.

John_Wayne777
08-23-10, 22:17
Umm....the systems aren't similar.

If you want a consistent trigger pull, there are lots of options including Glocks and M&P's. If you want a system where the action of the slide cocks an internal hammer like the LEM or DAK...well...you'll have to buy the LEM or DAK equipped handguns. The only other pistol close to that would be the LDA offered by Para-Ordnance. Para's reputation for longevity and reliability is quite poor. I wouldn't recommend them.

The Walther P99 has a striker system that allows for different modes of function including a "double action" where the trigger pull cocks the striker and a single action mode that allows for the trigger to be fully forward even with the striker cocked, requiring a long takeup before actually releasing the striker.