PDA

View Full Version : Multicam Kilt, intrested?

Macx
08-24-10, 01:41
A while back I thought about tracking down a tailor to make me some camping pants in multicam. I'd been frustrated by every manufacturer selling multicam pants in only the BDU sizes that garauntee a long legged fella like me to be limited to highwaters or cut-off shorts. I went so far as to find the cloth sold by the yard in various weights http://www.duroindustries.com/index.php?page=Multicam_Products but then back burnered the idea of multicam pants for long legged folk like me (if for nobody else but spindle legged me).

I ran into a pair of interesting ladies wearing kilts, who complimented me on mine and of course I noticed . . . MARPAT or knockoff MARPAT on one of them but the Kilt looked good! (kinda like my UtliKilt, but with more webbing and some other cosmetic differences) I hit them up on the idea of a Multicam Kilt. They quoted me an off the top of their head price of $75 plus cost of material. . . . of course when you buy by the yard, the more yards ya buy the cheaper it is by the yard. I have never done a group buy or anything like that, but I thought I'd put it out there and see if any one else was interested. At the very least, I am thinking I will buy the cloth and ask them to make me two in multicam and one in multicam for my father in his size (shorter leg, wider waist) if I like their work, I may ask them to cut apart a pair of Eotach Discreet's and replicate them (with some changes I'd like) in multicam. Yes, I did Email Eotach about Multicam . . . since they won't . . . ;) I don't have my hand out in any of this, I want a product that isn't on the market and the way the chips are falling I may be able to get what I want. If anybody wants to get on board with the kilts or if after the kilts I find the workmanship good enough to go for pants . . . I wasn't looking to be the only guy out there in a multicam Kilt. Surely I am not the only guy with an inseam greater than 35.5" who'd like some multicam pants either!

TehLlama
08-24-10, 18:19
In about that length, I'd be interested, if regrettably a bit price sensitive (need a new Pearl side drum)

Moose-Knuckle
08-24-10, 20:53
Check out Needle Pimp, he's made a couple with fabric from Crye and even some NOMEX.

http://www.needlepimp.com/

At the Irish festival I attend each year there is always at least one or two vendors who offer kilts in Mulicam and some other camouflage patterns. They are out there. . .

I'm sure even the guy's at Kommando Kilt could do something custom for you.

http://kommandokilts.com/

Macx
08-24-10, 22:42
Thank you Moose-knuckle those are great links! Looking at the second one I even found that Pittsburgh has a Rennfest. .. . not that my ex-wife would have gone in for that kind of thing when we lived there, but I long to move back to PA & a close by Rennfest makes selling Pittsburgh a little bit easier with wife 2.0:jester:. Needlepimp's stuff is exactly what I was wanting . . . the price tag . . . worries me a bit. Oh, did more reading. Thanks! This guy already knows how to put together exactly what I want, 0 learning curve trumps lower entry fee every day of the week. Thank you very much!

Moose-Knuckle
08-25-10, 01:40
Thank you Moose-knuckle those are great links! Looking at the second one I even found that Pittsburgh has a Rennfest. .. . not that my ex-wife would have gone in for that kind of thing when we lived there, but I long to move back to PA & a close by Rennfest makes selling Pittsburgh a little bit easier with wife 2.0:jester:. Needlepimp's stuff is exactly what I was wanting . . . the price tag . . . worries me a bit. Oh, did more reading. Thanks! This guy already knows how to put together exactly what I want, 0 learning curve trumps lower entry fee every day of the week. Thank you very much!

No problem, glad I could help. :cool: