PDA

View Full Version : M&P 9 Pro..trigger job problems * Please Help*

Tzoid
08-24-10, 10:32
I have a M&P 9 Pro and did the Burwell trigger job and it made a big improvement. I know the sear in the M&P is the performance sear so I just polished it rather than remove any material.

Last night a friend picked up a new M&P 9 Pro and asked me to help him do the same trigger job. We followed the PDF that someone in this forum sent me and now they trigger has a CRUNCH before the striker falls....:confused: and the trigger feels horrible.

We took the gun apart and verified that everything was assembled correctly and I even broke my gun down to compare and the only thing we can think of is that the trigger bar looks as if it wants to push towards the right inside of the frame when the trigger is pulled.

We did have a tough time getting the sear block back into the frame due to the manual lock plug was pertruding so we had to debur the edges.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.... I feel horrible that my buds new gun has a issue and he has a steel plate match on Saturday so I'm trying to help.

Thanks

Tzoid
08-24-10, 11:28
Thanks SHIVAN

I didn't mean to impy that Dan did the trigger job... if he did I'm sure this post would not exist.

I'm just trying to help a friend in need

John_Wayne777
08-24-10, 11:54
Did you remove any material from the striker block?

.45fmjoe
08-24-10, 12:14
My trigger bar pushes right, into the frame, before moving back when the trigger is pulled. I have noticed after close to 2,000 rounds the area of the trigger bar that engages the sear is nice and polished ... on the left side. Only half the width of the trigger bar ever touches the sear. Are all M&Ps like this?

subzero
08-24-10, 12:34
Last night a friend picked up a new M&P 9 Pro and asked me to help him do the same trigger job. We followed the PDF that someone in this forum sent me and now they trigger has a CRUNCH before the striker falls....:confused: and the trigger feels horrible.

Spring for the striker safety in sideways or otherwise borked is my guess, if you have indeed verified the sear pack is assembled correctly.

Thomas M-4
08-24-10, 13:53
Never mind reread your post you stated you did not cut the sear.

The_Biased_Observer
08-25-10, 00:15
The firing pin safety plunger can feel gritty due to it binding slightly from an off center push from the trigger bar (or even centered). Combine that with the frame contact on the other side and that might result in a gritty feeling.

It's been a while but doesn't the trigger return spring also serve a function to pull the trigger bar toward the centerline of the gun as well? Might be a combination of those leading to a crunchy takeup. Make sure the spring is correct and lube the safety plunger and work it a few hundred times, maybe that'll help.

Tzoid
08-25-10, 15:24
I appreciate all the feed back, I will forward this to my buddy.

Thanks

T