PDA

View Full Version : Viking Tactics / Kyle Lamb PISTOL DVDs

CENTCOM_Survivor
08-24-10, 13:53
I just saw the DVD trailer on youtube. Should be pretty cool! I really like the rifle series and you cant beat the price.

Viking Tactics Pistol DVD Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY-R2DkE9oQ)

RogerinTPA
08-24-10, 19:20
Nice! You should really take the course. It is very challenging and you'll learn a shit ton of information.

CENTCOM_Survivor
08-24-10, 20:14
Nice! You should really take the course. It is very challenging and you'll learn a shit ton of information.

No doubt, I'm waiting for something close (within reasonable driving distance). I'm bummed I missed his leadership seminar a few months ago on the east coast.

chubs
08-24-10, 20:42
Definitely going to have to look at picking that one up.

NCSt8man1999
09-02-10, 21:42
+1 on taking classes with Kyle. He is a great guy and a great instructor. The individual instruction that you get is top notch.

mpd046
10-07-10, 17:36
Has anybody heard anything on a release date?

mkemmerl
10-07-10, 20:52
I saw this quote on YouTube the other day:

We are trying to get them finished up but the process is slow. Hopefully in the next few months.

Kyle

rob_s
10-07-10, 21:01
Cent, if you're not training there already, you should be getting in as many classes as you can at Southern Exposure in Lakeland. Take Randy's handgun 101, then his carbine, and the world is your oyster.

CENTCOM_Survivor
10-09-10, 10:07
Cent, if you're not training there already, you should be getting in as many classes as you can at Southern Exposure in Lakeland. Take Randy's handgun 101, then his carbine, and the world is your oyster.

Rob,
I've been looking into some of those classes. I'm on the waiting list for the VTAC class next year and hope to take some others before then.

rob_s
10-09-10, 10:18
A lot of people want to jump in the flashy classes first. Taking Randy's classes, at the very least TH101 and carbine 1 if you can, open a lot of doors there and eliminate a lot of drama.

I get a lot of people asking me "how come they won't let me into super-secret-ninja-squad class at Southern, don't they know who I am?" No, they don't, and taking some of the entry-level classes (classes that a lot of accomplished shooters re-take over and over) goes a long way towards opening other doors. Especially with the shoot-house coming. Guys that think they're going to sign up for shoot-house without a shit-pot of prerequesites are in for a big surprise.

and the great thing is, everyone I've talked to that's swallowed their ego and taken the "beginner" courses has come away a better shooter with a better attitude.

Not saying any of this applies to you, just food for thought and notes to those others that may be reading this.

CENTCOM_Survivor
10-09-10, 10:26
A lot of people want to jump in the flashy classes first. Taking Randy's classes, at the very least TH101 and carbine 1 if you can, open a lot of doors there and eliminate a lot of drama.

I get a lot of people asking me "how come they won't let me into super-secret-ninja-squad class at Southern, don't they know who I am?" No, they don't, and taking some of the entry-level classes (classes that a lot of accomplished shooters re-take over and over) goes a long way towards opening other doors. Especially with the shoot-house coming. Guys that think they're going to sign up for shoot-house without a shit-pot of prerequesites are in for a big surprise.

and the great thing is, everyone I've talked to that's swallowed their ego and taken the "beginner" courses has come away a better shooter with a better attitude.

Not saying any of this applies to you, just food for thought and notes to those others that may be reading this.

No, I hear what your saying. I've got 8 years Army and 7 as a Deputy but I'm not above taking a "beginner" class at all. Sometimes its nice and refreshing to just get back to the basics.
The shoot house sounds like it should be pretty cool. I wish our agency had the money to have our own.

Gutshot John
10-09-10, 13:27
Just a word of clarification.

You can't just jump into a Kyle Lamb class.

It's a pre-req that you have to have some foundation training beforehand and most military firearms training doesn't count.

Even if Kyle let you, I don't see how anyone could get much out of a VTAC class without some.

RogerinTPA
10-09-10, 15:27
No, I hear what your saying. I've got 8 years Army and 7 as a Deputy but I'm not above taking a "beginner" class at all. Sometimes its nice and refreshing to just get back to the basics.
The shoot house sounds like it should be pretty cool. I wish our agency had the money to have our own.

Agree with Rob_S. All of the advanced courses at Southern Exposure has prerequisites. Nothing wrong with getting back to the basics with a beginner's course. I've done it with both carbine and pistol. FWIW, I'm a retired Army type, with a few years as an 11B. What they teach you is just the basics, and it ain't enough to keep up with more of the advanced courses and just barely adequate enough for the basic courses of most of the SOF type instructors out there.