PDA

View Full Version : FULL - Vickers Tactical 2-Day Level-1 Handgun - Feb 4-5, 2011 - College Station, TX

VA_Dinger
08-24-10, 13:53
FULL - Vickers Tactical 2-Day Level-1 Handgun Class - Feb 4-5, 2011 - College Station, Texas

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/vickers-tactical-logo.jpg

www.vickerstactical.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/lav-hk45.jpg

Larry Vickers is a decorated US Army Special Forces veteran and national pistol champion. Mr. Vickers has nearly two decades of special operations experience (1 SFOD-Delta), much of which was spent as his unit’s Primary Firearms Instructor. In addition to his special operations accomplishments, his competitive shooting has yielded a 10th and 9th place finish in the 1993 and 1994 USPSA Limited Nationals as well as a 1st place finish in CDP class at the 2001 IDPA Mid-Winter Nationals at Smith & Wesson. Mr. Vickers is a founding member of IDPA. In addition to being a highly experienced operator and national pistol champion, Mr. Vickers is also one of the premier 1911 pistolsmiths in the country and his work has been featured in several firearms publications and on the cover of American Handgunner. In addition to all this, Mr. Vickers has served as a consultant and technical expert to the firearms industry. Mr. Vickers is featured on two new firearms, tactics, and accessories focused T.V. shows called Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/logo.jpg

Grey Group Training:
www.greygrouptraining.com

Vickers Tactical 2-Day Level-1 Handgun Class - Feb 4-5, 2011 - College Station, Texas

This class is an entry level course for handgun shooters and is designed specifically for those who have not had any formal instruction or those who wish a refresher class. Topics covered include the following: safety, stance, grip, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their service pistol includes field stripping and maintenance. In addition to this, other topics that are covered include reloads, draw, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting.

***There are no pre-requisites for this course***

Primary Instructor: Larry Vickers

- Class dates: Feb 4-5, 2011

- Cost: $450

- Range:

Cawthon Cartridge Club
Cawthon, Tx

www.cccshooters.com

- Class size: Maximum sixteen students

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

- Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum one double magazine pouch / Ability to carry minimum of two magazines
- Minimum of three serviceable magazines (5 is better)
- 1000 rounds of ammunition
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Good attitude

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Grey Group Training sign-up page:
http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3572/LAV-2Day-Level-dsh-1-Pistol/Detail.bok

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
training@greygrouptraining.com

TwoSqueeze
09-01-10, 20:52
So pumped that some training is finally coming to my part of town and on my birthday no less. All signed up but have a couple of questions....

It said backordered when I got my confirmation...does this mean I am on the waiting list?

Which range will this be held at in College Station?

sadmin
09-01-10, 22:21
I called and they let me know that its just a way to track it online. Im sure your in.

Aggunner
09-02-10, 17:13
So pumped that some training is finally coming to my part of town and on my birthday no less. All signed up but have a couple of questions....

It said backordered when I got my confirmation...does this mean I am on the waiting list?

at my buddy's place

www.cccshooters.com

VA_Dinger
09-02-10, 17:37

Welcome aboard and thank you for signing up. The "backordered" is just a glitch in our system that is going to be fixed by our new website shortly. You are good-to-go.

These classes are being held at the outstanding Cawthon Cartridge Club in Cawthon, TX. They are extremely switched on guys and we are very pleased to have them as our host.

www.cccshooters.com

TwoSqueeze
09-02-10, 19:53
Thanks for the answers Paul and everyone else. I didn't know that we had what looks like an amazing range this close to Houston. I may have to pop by on my way to the Aggie's game this weekend.

-TS

Aggunner
09-02-10, 20:33
unfortunately the range is not open to the public. if you have any questions shoot me a pm

bprice01
09-12-10, 21:25
A friend and I just signed up. I've never taken a class like this before and I'm extremely excited.

SeriousStudent
09-24-10, 17:39
I'm in, and looking forward to taking both the Carbine I and Pistol I class from Mr. Vickers.

I'm giving a lot of thought to doing a "warm-up" class with Mr. Dobbs this fall, he's a Vickers Regional Instructor here in the D/FW area.

ForTehNguyen
09-26-10, 19:52
signed up me and my brother for this class. I had trouble deciding between carbine and pistol but since the carbine one is full, made the decision a little easier :D

Alric
09-27-10, 08:48
Yay for Texas training options. I'm in!

SeriousStudent
11-27-10, 20:45
Work is forcing me to drop out of this class. So there is now an opening for this great opportunity. :(

VA_Dinger
11-30-10, 18:16
This class is full.

Thanks to everybody who signed up.

Thanks,

Paul

ForTehNguyen
01-31-11, 17:35
weather shows its going to be 36 degrees as a high, better bundle up. Anyone staying at the Marriott College Station?

mrt53
02-01-11, 15:01
Forecast for first day is 30% rain and a high in the 40's. Second day is sunny with a high in the low 60's. To stay up to date enter Millican Texas on weather.com.

Thanks,

Steve

VA_Dinger
02-03-11, 18:30
FYI: Due to potentially nasty weather first thing in the morning the class start time has been moved to 9 A.M. It's supposed to get better by late morning.

This class will go off as planned though. Sarah sent this info out via email this morning.

Have a great class.

bprice01
02-04-11, 14:56
Holy shit it was cold today.

Chadnutz
02-08-11, 12:00
Snow on day 1, sunburn on day 2!

The #1 thing I learned:

From Sig 229 .40 to G19 9mm! Already ordered two, one for my wife and one for me. Won't get rid of the Sig though.

#2: Don't jerk the trigger!

#3: I'm so glad to live in South Texas. Cold sucks. Ask me again in August though.

Thanks to Larry, the hosts, and all of the shooters. Great bunch of guys. Wish I could have made the carbine class. Will be taking more courses in the future.