PDA

View Full Version : FULL - Vickers Tactical Level-1 Carbine Class - Feb 6-7, 2011 - College Station, TX

VA_Dinger
08-24-10, 13:57
*** THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL - THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO IS SIGNED UP. YOU ARE IN FOR ONE HELL OF A CLASS. ***

Vickers Tactical 2-Day Level-1 Carbine Class - Feb 6-7, 2011 - College Station, Texas

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/vickers-tactical-logo.jpg

www.vickerstactical.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/LAVCARBINE6.jpg

Larry Vickers is a decorated US Army Special Forces veteran and national pistol champion. Mr. Vickers has nearly two decades of special operations experience (1 SFOD-Delta), much of which was spent as his unit’s Primary Firearms Instructor. In addition to his special operations accomplishments, his competitive shooting has yielded a 10th and 9th place finish in the 1993 and 1994 USPSA Limited Nationals as well as a 1st place finish in CDP class at the 2001 IDPA Mid-Winter Nationals at Smith & Wesson. Mr. Vickers is a founding member of IDPA. In addition to being a highly experienced operator and national pistol champion, Mr. Vickers is also one of the premier 1911 pistolsmiths in the country and his work has been featured in several firearms publications and on the cover of American Handgunner. In addition to all this, Mr. Vickers has served as a consultant and technical expert to the firearms industry. Mr. Vickers is featured on two new firearms, tactics, and accessories focused T.V. shows called Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/logo.jpg

Grey Group Training:
www.greygrouptraining.com

Vickers Tactical 2-Day Level-1 Carbine Class - Feb 6-7, 2011 - College Station, Texas

Topics covered include carbine safety, stance, zeroing sights, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their carbine topics includes field stripping and maintenance. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, strong side & weak side shooting, shooting positions, use of cover, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting. Malfunction drills and shooting on the move. Timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level.

Instructor: Larry Vickers

Class dates: Feb 6-7, 2011

Cost: $450

Range:

Cawthon Cartridge Club
Cawthon, Tx

www.cccshooters.com

Class size: Maximum sixteen students

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

Carbine:
- Serviceable duty grade carbine
- Serviceable sling (tactical type preferred.)
- Minimum of 5 serviceable carbine magazines
- Optics – (Optional, but highly suggested)
- Minimum 1 carbine magazine pouch - or method to carry at least two spares magazine(s)

Handgun:
- Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum one double magazine pouch / Ability to carry minimum of two magazines
- Minimum of three serviceable magazines (5 is better)

MISC:
- Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
- Good attitude

Zeroed Weapons: 100-yard carbine preferred, but others are acceptable if you have a good reason why and understand it. Know your handguns zero at various ranges.

Ammo Requirements:
- 800 rounds of carbine ammunition
- 150 rounds of handgun ammunition

To sign-up please use this link to the Grey Group Training website;
http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3573/LAV-2Day-Level-dsh-1-Carb/Detail.bok

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact;
training@greygrouptraining.com

CGoodwin
08-25-10, 14:34
When I signed up and paid online last night, the checkout process and the receipt both stated that this item was backordered. Is the class already filled, or is this just the nomenclature for a class where nothing will be shipped? Let me know, thanks!

VA_Dinger
08-25-10, 15:17
When I signed up and paid online last night, the checkout process and the receipt both stated that this item was backordered. Is the class already filled, or is this just the nomenclature for a class where nothing will be shipped? Let me know, thanks!

CGoodwin, thanks for signing up and welcome aboard.

The "Backordered" is just a glitch in our system. Our new website should be coming online soon so it will be fixed.

Please let me know if you need anything else. I am always glad to help. GGT will be in touch shortly with more class info for you.

Thanks,

Paul

snaf
09-06-10, 19:34
me and some friends are signed up..cant wait for feb to get here:)

VA_Dinger
09-06-10, 23:05
me and some friends are signed up..cant wait for feb to get here:)

Welcome aboard snaf to you and your friends. This is shaping up to be an amazing class.

Thanks,

Paul

bprice01
09-12-10, 21:26
Just signed up for this and the pistol class. I'm really looking forward to it.

TwoSqueeze
09-13-10, 19:50
I just dropped the LAV pistol course and signed up for this one. Figured if I can only take one LAV class it should be the Carbine as I will get a little pistol work in there too. Can't wait to get some great instruction and put some faces to the screen names. See yall there:D

Cheers,
-TS

xtremejc
09-23-10, 14:58
Is the class full already?

SeriousStudent
09-24-10, 17:37
I'm in.

JC, you should call Sarah at Grey Group and get on the waiting list. If you are first or second, you will probably get in, was what she told me today on the phone.

Nice lady, very helpful. :)

ic_guerrero
10-05-10, 12:12
How bad is the waiting list?

VA_Dinger
10-05-10, 13:51
Yeah guys, send Sarah an email for the waiting list info.

Sarah (Help@greygrouptraining.com)

She will get you squared away.

HuttoAg96
10-05-10, 15:08
Crap, I wish I knew about this earlier. I'll have to get on the waiting list.

SeriousStudent
10-05-10, 18:59
Crap, I wish I knew about this earlier. I'll have to get on the waiting list.

You can clue us in on all the good eating places in Bryan/College Station.

Local intel is always valuable. ;)

Aggunner
10-05-10, 21:44
what kind of food?

SeriousStudent
10-05-10, 21:49
The four main food groups:

BBQ
Mexican
Home Cooking
Beer

Aggunner
10-06-10, 11:43
The four main food groups:

BBQ
Mexican
Home Cooking
Beer

BBQ- Martin's in Bryan has the best ribs and you Junek's is pretty close to the range

Mexican- My buddy's and I usually go to Coco loco off of southwest parkway and welsh

Home cooking- there isnt anything worth a damn really

Beer - everyone has to go to the dixie chicken and get a beer, bacon cheese burger, and some tijuana fries.

For more upscale dining, ask the range owner and he will reccomend Veritas and perhaps Madden's

rudy99
10-06-10, 12:22
You can clue us in on all the good eating places in Bryan/College Station.

Local intel is always valuable. ;)

When I was at school there, my favorite places were:

Wings n' More,
Freebirds (burritos, like Chipotle but better),
Double Daves (pizza rolls),
Square 1 in Downtown Bryan (italian),
Fitzwilly's (beer/burger combo at Northgate).

I haven't lived there in about 9 years, but I imagine most/all of those places are still around. I know several of them are on the south side of B/CS, which would be closer to the range. They got a Rudy's about the time I was getting out of there and it is a pretty decent chain for BBQ. You can get beer at just about any place in town.

On a side note, someone once told me that the Kroger in College Station sold more beer than all the Krogers in Houston, or something like that.

SeriousStudent
11-27-10, 20:44
Work is forcing me to drop out of this class. To say I am disappointed would be a great understatement. :(

I did email Sarah, to let her know she can contact someone on the standby list.

TwoSqueeze
01-03-11, 07:24
Sooooo, anybody have a suggestion on were we should watch the SuperBowl on that Sunday night?

nickhaaa
01-10-11, 19:58
Who all plans on staying at the Hyatt Place that was recommended? I figure reservations at this time are appropriate, but I wasn't sure if this hotel is overpriced or if someone that knows the area would recommend otherwise.

Thanks in advance and I can't wait until the class. :D

TwoSqueeze
01-10-11, 20:23
From what I have seen in the area the Hyatt Place is a fair price for a nice place. There are several other cheaper locations but I am not sure I would trust leaving my weapons in the room when we go out to dinner and the like. I will pay a little extra for a place that I trust.

Cheers,
TS

mrt53
01-12-11, 15:55
You need to call the Hyatt directly in College Station to get a good rate.
The rate is $89.00 if you mention Cawthon Cartridge Club.

nickhaaa
01-12-11, 16:18
Damn, I did mention the Cawthorn Cartridge Club, but the woman said that the best rate she could give me was the AAA rate. Not as low as that. :(

mrt53
01-12-11, 16:43
Sorry about that. The discount code is in my name. I just talked to Joanna, and she will fix it. It will take at least 48 hours for the computer to catch up. Try after the weekend and it should be good to go. The local # is 979 846-9800.

mrt53
01-24-11, 21:44
the discount code id CAWT.

mrt53
02-01-11, 15:08
The weather for the carbine class is highs in the mid 60's with 30% rain on Monday. Remember that 30% means 70% that it will not rain. The folling day should be sunny with highs from upper 50's to low 60's. Check out Millican, Texas on weather.com to stay current.

Thanks

Steve

Acespeedy
02-02-11, 23:35
Looks like the weather is going to be alright.