PDA

View Full Version : FULL - Vickers Tactical 1-Day AK Operators Class - Feb 8, 2011 - College Station, TX

VA_Dinger
08-24-10, 13:59
FULL - Vickers Tactical 1-Day AK Operators Class - Feb 8, 2011 - College Station, Texas

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/vickers-tactical-logo.jpg

www.vickerstactical.com

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/VickersTactical/LAVAK1.jpg

Larry Vickers is a decorated US Army Special Forces veteran and national pistol champion. Mr. Vickers has nearly two decades of special operations experience (1 SFOD-Delta), much of which was spent as his unit’s Primary Firearms Instructor. In addition to his special operations accomplishments, his competitive shooting has yielded a 10th and 9th place finish in the 1993 and 1994 USPSA Limited Nationals as well as a 1st place finish in CDP class at the 2001 IDPA Mid-Winter Nationals at Smith & Wesson. Mr. Vickers is a founding member of IDPA. In addition to being a highly experienced operator and national pistol champion, Mr. Vickers is also one of the premier 1911 pistolsmiths in the country and his work has been featured in several firearms publications and on the cover of American Handgunner. In addition to all this, Mr. Vickers has served as a consultant and technical expert to the firearms industry. Mr. Vickers is featured on two new firearms, tactics, and accessories focused T.V. shows called Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/logo.jpg

Grey Group Training:
www.greygrouptraining.com

Vickers Tactical 1-Day AK Operators Class - Feb 8, 2011 - College Station, Texas

Topics covered include safety, stance, zeroing for iron sights and optics, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their carbine includes field stripping and maintenance. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, shooting positions, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting. Malfunction drills and shooting on the move as well as transitions. Timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Instruction on the development of the AK and variations, as well as suggested modifications.

Must shoot an AK or AK variant (AK-47, AKM-47, AK-74, Galil, Valmet, VZ 58 style rifles, etc.)

Instructor: Larry Vickers

Class dates: Feb 8, 2011

Cost: $225

Range:

Cawthon Cartridge Club
Cawthon, Tx

www.cccshooters.com

Class size: Maximum sixteen students

Gear requirements:

- Eye protection
- Electronic hearing protection
- Serviceable handgun (For transition training) of at least 9mm
- Ammunition required: 500 rifle, 100 pistol
- Minimum four (4) high capacity AK mags
- Minimum two (2) handgun mags
- Chest pouch to hold 3-4 AK mags would be “Nice” – LAV quote
- Handgun mag pouch - Ability to carry a spare pistol mag on body.
- Serviceable AK sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions - tactical type preferred
- Suitable handgun holster
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Rifles zeroed at 100 meters.
- Good attitude.

***There are no pre-requisites for this course. It can be your very first class. As a matter of fact if you are familiar with AK’s at all, you will probably be ahead of the cu

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Grey Group Training sign-up page:
http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3574/LAV-1-Day-AK/Detail.bok

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
training@greygrouptraining.com

Aggunner
09-02-10, 17:12
i just signed up so that makes 2 people i know of from the area

TriumphRat675
09-02-10, 17:26
I'll make the trip from Dallas. Just saw that he'll be here doing a 2-day pistol and 2-day carbine classes that weekend. If I were richer...

Aggunner
09-02-10, 18:21
if anyone is interested in taking this class but doesnt have an AK, the range owner had 3 Arsenals and a couple of Yugos for rent

Sigfan
09-23-10, 13:19
Is this class filling up? I purchased 2 seats, but since there are no replies I was unsure if anyone is going. Just hoping not to have it cancled due to lack of sale. Thanks

xtremejc
09-23-10, 15:02
I will be signing up !

VA_Dinger
09-23-10, 15:25
Is this class filling up? I purchased 2 seats, but since there are no replies I was unsure if anyone is going. Just hoping not to have it cancled due to lack of sale. Thanks

Hello Sigfan,

This class has been very popular and is filling up nicely. I suspect this class will be full months before the class start date. For some reason some class announcements get lots of post, while others do not. Luckily for me though, all the classes have been filling up either way. :D

HotRodSprint
09-30-10, 18:05
Another "Dallas-ite" here that just signed up.

I`m planning on leaving work Monday (day before the class) and driving down. I`m looking at staying at a Motel 6 (or equivalent dive) near the area that night.
Any other Dallas people doing the same thing?

VA_Dinger
11-30-10, 18:18
This class is full.

Thanks to everybody who signed up.

Thanks,

Paul

Moose-Knuckle
11-30-10, 21:20
Really wished I could have gotten in this one, you snooze you loose. If any one is unable to attend and is forced to back out please PM me and I'll buy/take their slot. Thanks! :cool:

mrt53
02-01-11, 15:19
The weather forecast for the AK class is highs from the upper 50's to lower 60's with no chance of rain. The weather should be great. Check out Millican, Texas on weather.com to stay current.

Thanks,

Steve

Moose-Knuckle
02-01-11, 21:41
The weather forecast for the AK class is highs from the upper 50's to lower 60's with no chance of rain. The weather should be great. Check out Millican, Texas on weather.com to stay current.

Thanks,

Steve

You guy's should have some great weather, it's 14°F with a windchill of -3° up the road here in DFW. :D