PDA

View Full Version : New Oakley Boots + Oakley LEO/Military Sales Program Information

Army Chief
07-01-07, 08:52
Just wanted to pass along a quick word or two about the new Temperate Weather Assault Boot, since I picked up a pair last week.

This is a just-released item, and while superficially similar, it is not identical to the (imported) Elite SF Assault Boot that has been on the market for a while. The short version of the review is that the new domestically-made boots are typical Oakley: very well-made, of durable construction, excellent design, unrivaled comfort, and extremely lightweight. They are also prohibitively expensive, unless ...

... I had presumed this would be old news here, but in reviewing several old equipment posts here on M4CN, I failed to see it mentioned: are you aware of the fact that Oakley maintains a separate government sales division, which offers glasses, gloves and boots (among other things) at ~50% off retail to LEOs and military?

The product line is largely limited to items with a tactical application, but the savings are profound. A military or LEO ID is the key to becoming a qualified purchaser, and the program is tracked to prevent abuse (i.e. resale or purchasing for otherwise ineligible parties).

Here's where you need to go to get started:

www.usstandardissue.com

Again, my apologies if this is old news (it certainly should be), but it just didn't seem like the word had gotten out to all of those who may otherwise be eligible -- and this is one deal that is simply too good to pass up.

Chief

USMC03
07-01-07, 09:18
Chief,

It's been a year since I've place an order.........And Oakley changes the program often.

How are they currently running the program in reference to minimum orders and ordering items from different catagories (ie. boots, glasses, gloves).

At one time they had a minimum order of $250 from each catagory (ie. if you wanted boots and glasses, you had to have a minimum order of $250 of boots and $250 in glasses). Then they switched to a minimum order of $250 and you could mix and match catagories, then they dropped the miniumum order.

Just curious to their current policy.

Semper Fi,
Jeff

Army Chief
07-01-07, 09:26
As I recall, they want you to renew your credentials every year or so, anyway, so perhaps at least part of this is to help keep up up-to-date on the changes.

There is currently no minimum order requirement of which I am aware, or if there is (in the fine print), it is well below $250. I purchased only a single pair of boots in my last order, and they were ~$130 ($260+ retail). No problems whatsoever.

Based upon the manner in which they have set up the current site, my impression is that you can mix items now with impunity, and buy in whatever quantities you require; in other words, instead of focusing upon team sales, they now appear to be more focused upon individual sales. I actually got the impression that they would balk at a single officer ordering in quantity, and if so, that would be something of a reversal.

Not the expert by any means, but I got what I needed (one type of item in a quantity of one) without any drama whatsoever.

Chief

Boomer10
07-01-07, 22:41
The last time that I checked to see what the minimum order requirements I was told that an eyewear order had to be at least $250 (Rx orders not included) and that there was no min. for "other gear" (i.e. boots, gloves, backpacks, etc.).

This was about a year ago and I haven't asked about the min. since so I would assume that it is the same or similar.

KevinB
07-02-07, 08:46
There is no longer a min $ order for anything.

I've order stuff in the last month -- and I made three seperate orders (over the space of two weeks). All they require is credentials once a year (and actually this year, since I shipped to an APO they did not even ask for them)

Army Chief
07-02-07, 09:32
That was my impression also (no minimum).

Oakley does state that shipments to APO/FPO addresses are exempt from the credentialing requirement. That said, I've heard of a couple cases where APO/FPO orders were still delayed until credentials were forwarded, or some kind of follow-up inquiry was made.

The moral of the story is that if you're in a rush to receive something, it might be wise to send a copy of your ID forward, regardless. I did both, but in all honesty, the shipping interval made it clear that they had put things in the mail before they ever saw my creds.

Chief

STS
07-25-07, 00:17
I received my M Frame order within 3 days of ordering. Also, the program is not just strictily for Military or LEO. Many government type jobs and public service jobs qualify. I was able to qualify as a firefighter and as a reservist.

Boomer10
07-25-07, 22:26
Kevin - thanks for the update. I'd been searching their site and couldn't find anything, which means that I probably wasn't searching that hard. :D

I'm glad that they removed the $250 minimum, it makes it easier to get group orders at work.

Voodoochild
07-26-07, 19:01
This reminds me I need to send them a copy of my CAC card so I can get my account setup.

rmecapn
07-29-07, 00:49
Jeff, if you order online, there is no minimum.

Hootiewho
08-03-07, 10:54
Just curious, do you guys know if being a fireman (volunteer) will fly with Oakley for buying some SI glasses?