PDA

View Full Version : Fun pics from a SBR only rifle match

Adam Pini
08-24-10, 22:34
From a local CQBR match this past saturday

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/84ragtop/CQBR%20MATCH/20100821_LA5B4990.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/84ragtop/CQBR%20MATCH/20100821_LA5B5037.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/84ragtop/CQBR%20MATCH/20100821_LA5B5041.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/84ragtop/CQBR%20MATCH/20100821_LA5B5046.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/84ragtop/CQBR%20MATCH/20100821_LA5B5074.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/84ragtop/CQBR%20MATCH/20100821_LA5B5075.jpg

HK51Fan
08-24-10, 22:56
hey at least he's out there doing something instead of sitting at home playing xbox! yeah he's fat, but he's out and about mixing it up. It can't be easy to be that big and still go out and do normal things.....as shown by this post.
Sure I could see if he had some tacticooled rifle and was displaying effed up trigger control, but the only thing I see is a very large guy trying to better his shooting skills and probably having a hell of a lot of fun even though he's probably alone, since a lot of people like you are out there snickering and taking pics to post them here.
I was a fat kid from 6th grade until the summer before my 10th grade year. I lost the weight, played football through college, went into the military and have been an avid weight lifter since my 8th grade year.
I didn't just sit around on my ass either and eventually lost the weight. So good for him.

If you didn't mean this as a mean spirited post, ridiculing this guy because of his gurth then I apologize for the rant.

If you did.....then:nono:

Regards,

R

SeriousStudent
08-24-10, 23:34
It looks like he had a lot more fun than I did last Saturday! I was cleaning the garage. ;)

I am curious - how many shooters in the match? And what was the max distance they fired from?

ap1220
08-25-10, 00:06
I love the second and last pic with the brass caught in the air! Great photos, man!

Irish
08-25-10, 00:15
Looks like fun! Where are you located? Where was the match?

trappernana
08-25-10, 11:58
His size means nothing. Can he shoot? Tell me more about the Gun? Where was the shoot?Get down with your bad self,and keep shooting!!!;)

rushca01
08-25-10, 12:51
Looks like fun! What kind of mags is he running in some of those pics? I can see a magpul and another brand.

Enoc
08-25-10, 13:02
Looks like fun! What kind of mags is he running in some of those pics? I can see a magpul and another brand.

They are Magpul E mags... a new and improved version of the Pmags.

Dozer
08-25-10, 14:33
...Rant...
R

If you look at the OP's previous posts you'll see that these are photos of himself shooting the match.

From a local CQBR match this past saturday

Good shooting Adam. I wish my local club did this.

MadDog
08-25-10, 19:08
I use to shoot my 7.5" Diplomat at a local 3-gun matches when they were mostly CQB with steel plates from contact distance out to no more than 80 yards. I had to use 75 grain ammo to knock them down as 55 grain quite often required double-taps. Now my 7.5" Diplomat is chambered in 6.8 SPC so all is good.

Kudo's to you Adam for representing the SBR contingent in fine form.

MadDog :p

bkb0000
08-25-10, 19:12
I wish my local club did this.

i wish people in my neck of the woods had SBRs and wanted to go to events like this- i'd run one every month.

Adam Pini
08-25-10, 21:49
Just an FYI Im the kid in the picture.

The match was held at New Holland Rifle and Pistol in Gap PA.

There was probably 40 shooters threw out the day. It was super fun and put us threw some different paces that I dont do every day.

The gun is listed below

LWRC lower
LWRC Enhanced Trigger
Noveske sling plate
KNS Pins
RRA 10.5 upper
9" Larue rail
Troy Larue sights
Eotech 522 I think
Magpul AFG
LMT Sopmod
Colt F/A BCG

Adam Pini
08-25-10, 21:51
If you look at the OP's previous posts you'll see that these are photos of himself shooting the match.

Good shooting Adam. I wish my local club did this.

No thank you for everything magpul does. I saved a few people since I carry extra pmags around and loned them out. There was 2 GI mags that took a dump and 1 lancer. I ended up letting them keep em as they were all super nice to me and that was my first time shooting that type of match

SeriousStudent
08-25-10, 22:06
Adam, I am envious. It looks like you had a good time.

To paraphrase what fishermen used to say "A bad day at the range beats a great day at work." :D

How does the LWRC trigger work for you? Nice and solid?

KellyTTE
08-25-10, 22:34
I ended up letting them keep em as they were all super nice to me and that was my first time shooting that type of match

That's pretty cool. Good on you!

SWATcop556
08-26-10, 01:41
Looks like a blast. I don't have enough people here that shoot AR's for competition or fun, much less an all SBR shoot.

I am envious. Glad you had fun bro!

Belmont31R
08-26-10, 02:19
I wish there was a LOCAL AR match around here that was worth going to. There is one but its an hour and a half away, and they start at 8AM. Not getting up at 6AM to go shoot unless Im shooting pigs or making money.

I can't stand 3 gun matches. Im not really intrested in pistols and shotguns. I shot ATA trap for 4 years, and that is one thing....

btaksier
08-26-10, 03:16
That's a reall BA rifle you got there man. SBR sure would be nice but it's a no no in CA. Lame.

Quiet-Matt
08-26-10, 04:50
Looks like fun Adam, that's a good lookin SBR. I like the brass in the following shots, I bet the camera man side stepped after the second one though.:haha:

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/84ragtop/CQBR%20MATCH/20100821_LA5B5037.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/84ragtop/CQBR%20MATCH/20100821_LA5B5075.jpg

Adam Pini
08-26-10, 06:04
Adam, I am envious. It looks like you had a good time.

To paraphrase what fishermen used to say "A bad day at the range beats a great day at work." :D

How does the LWRC trigger work for you? Nice and solid?

I really like it. I absolutely hate 2 stage triggers. Its a super clean/crisp single stage trigger. Very little take up and brakes like ****ing glass. I was doing start from low ready to firing two rounds in .8

J Krammes
08-26-10, 08:40
Do they do these matches often? I am only about 45 min from New Holland and would like to give this a try. Nice pics too.

Jeremy

SeriousStudent
08-26-10, 19:02
I really like it. I absolutely hate 2 stage triggers. Its a super clean/crisp single stage trigger. Very little take up and brakes like ****ing glass. I was doing start from low ready to firing two rounds in .8

That's what I am looking for. I'm not a huge fan of a 2-stage on a social gun either. Clean and crisp in the 6-7 pound range.

I'll add it to the list of ones to try. Thanks for the information, and stay safe.

HK51Fan
08-26-10, 20:57
Sorry about the rant guy's I took this the wrong way. Adam great looking stick, it's no nonsense and clean. It sounds like you had a great time. Keep on keepin on!!

SHIVAN
08-26-10, 21:03
:moil: Get some!

Adam Pini
08-27-10, 16:24
Thanks for all the support. I really respect all of you for being grown ups and giving me good comments. Thats why Ill stick to this forum instead of that other shit bag forum where I get made fun of for my weight.

Thanks for everything and Ill do my best to keep up the good work

SeriousStudent
08-27-10, 21:06
Gee, Adam, ever had anyone say that to your face?

Especially when you are holding a sweet SBR like yours? ;) I bet not!

It's funny how so many people post things on the web, that they would never say in person. Grant and I were talking about that on the phone the other day.

When I was a young boy many years ago, I learned a helpful prayer. "Oh Lord, make my words soft and tender. So they will not hurt so much when I have to eat them."

Stay safe, and keep having a blast with your training. :)

flyfishdave
08-28-10, 00:18
Looks like fun Adam, that's a good lookin SBR. I like the brass in the following shots, I bet the camera man side stepped after the second one though.:haha:

That was me taking the photos that day. I'm used to getting hit with brass but can never get used to the concussion and blast created by these darn muzzle brakes people are using on their rifles! One of these days, my lens will shatter.

Regarding the match, the COF was based on the NJSP Subgun & CQB M4 qualification course. The COF can be found here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AtSr2kaqAtDtdGFJYTZmaHBuNHc4d1FxMnlEd3piUlE&hl=en&single=true&gid=1&output=html

We've also have used the USMC MEU-SOC M4 Qualification COF in the past. Both are fun to shoot.

Nevermiss
08-28-10, 07:29
Nice stick. I have a Noveske 6.8 12.5" SBR that I need to shoot more. I never shoot it at 3 gun matches and I need to shoot it more. I'm still waiting for my #$%&^* suppressor to arrive.

Are you reloading ammo? If I decide to really start shooting mine I will probably get tired of spending over a $1 a round very quickly.

jjw
08-28-10, 14:19
Thanks for all the support. I really respect all of you for being grown ups and giving me good comments. Thats why Ill stick to this forum instead of that other shit bag forum where I get made fun of for my weight.

Thanks for everything and Ill do my best to keep up the good work

Adam nice job us "chunky" guys have to stick together. i hate web sites that let the little pussy wannabes who never will own what u have posted.

come over to Canton Ohio to Greenport. we are a tactical club and run and gun 2-3 times a month.

funny no 1 ever had the "cajone's" to say much to my face. mouth over loading ass syndrom really kicks in on gun boards.

b.l.farley
1-800-508-1040
www.odspec.com
1-800-508-1040
4 sbr's and growing
5'6" 200 lbs
6 titanium screw's and 2 titanium rod's in my back:
shot down
blown up
shot
stabbed
65's old. WILL BE 66 ON 9/15/2010
still kicking

nice job son. u make us PROUD.

SeriousStudent
08-29-10, 00:44

We've also have used the USMC MEU-SOC M4 Qualification COF in the past. Both are fun to shoot.

I love the MEU-SOC drills for pistol and rifles. You don't need a ton of ammo or time, but it's a great set of drills at varying distances and speeds. I believe Pat Rogers includes them in his classes as well.

(Him being a former Marine warrant officer- who'da thunk it? :D )

jr1572
08-29-10, 02:43
I wish they would do a match like this in my area. It looks like a load of fun.

JR1572

usmcvet
08-29-10, 10:14
Adam, welcome to M4C. Nice photos. What chest rig do you have there? I've been thinking about getting one. I have mag pouches for my belt and a few bandoleers. Thanks.

awm14hp
08-29-10, 10:47
nice work and great pics looks like you had a good time thats all that counts no worries about the weight comments. Great pics and nice SBR.

MOA
08-29-10, 14:49
rock on from another "big guy". I'm 6'1" and 300+. When I get more funds and get my AR done i will have to shoot some run and gun shoots.

randolph
08-29-10, 16:02
and there I was gonna make fun of him for that geh shit in his ears :D

nicely done, Adam. thanks for sharing, post like this makes me wanna get off my duff and fill out some paperwork for my SBR :fie:

Adam Pini
08-29-10, 18:32
Adam, welcome to M4C. Nice photos. What chest rig do you have there? I've been thinking about getting one. I have mag pouches for my belt and a few bandoleers. Thanks.

Its an HSGI Wasatch. Its the best part of my whole kit. Amazing quality when I was looking around for a chest rig it offers everything I wanted in a size that would fit me. Plus it carries a shit ton of ammo:D

and there I was gonna make fun of him for that geh shit in his ears :D

nicely done, Adam. thanks for sharing, post like this makes me wanna get off my duff and fill out some paperwork for my SBR :fie:

Best thing Ive ever done in shooting

usmcvet
08-29-10, 19:08
As the comedian says I am Fluffy too so that is why I asked. It is a PITA to order something online and have to return it or sell it. Thanks for the info.

Col_Crocs
08-29-10, 19:26
Gee, Adam, ever had anyone say that to your face?

Especially when you are holding a sweet SBR like yours? ;) I bet not!

My thoughts exactly.
Great pics Adam! Very Nice SBR as well.

Adam Pini
08-29-10, 19:28
As the comedian says I am Fluffy too so that is why I asked. It is a PITA to order something online and have to return it or sell it. Thanks for the info.

Just call HSGI when you order one and ask them to include a bigger belt. It fits me great and doesnt move. Its still comfortable even with plates and 12 mags

smullen
08-29-10, 19:45
rock on from another "big guy". I'm 6'1" and 300+. When I get more funds and get my AR done i will have to shoot some run and gun shoots.

+1....

6'5" 295 here....

We need to start a movment...

I love to wear shirts, hats etc, with the logos of the Manufactures I like on them... LaRue Tactical, Magpul, Noveske, DD, Glock, TAD, etc... I never find anything over 2X...

I need like a 3X-Long or a 4XL....

Forget about getting a Button Up shirt or Jacket....

BTW, thanks Adam..... I just finished building my 18" LT Stealth rig (few tweaks left) and now I'm wanting to do a 10.5" LT or Noveske....

I thought I was almost over the disease...

Adam Pini
08-29-10, 20:54
Yea bro. I would kill for some Larue or magpul stuff in 4x. That would be awesome.

M-Forgery
08-29-10, 21:06
Yea bro. I would kill for some Larue or magpul stuff in 4x. That would be awesome.

Maybe that some of the manufacturer reps will read this. There are a fair number of us XXXL couch commandos that would happily purchase and wear garments or gear in the correct size.

smullen
08-29-10, 21:18
Maybe that some of the manufacturer reps will read this. There are a fair number of us XXXL couch commandos that would happily purchase and wear garments or gear in the correct size.

+1 on this...

JasonM
08-30-10, 09:04
Nice pics, looks like an awesome day!

jwfuhrman
08-30-10, 09:19
I know I sure would at 6'2" and 325 Im no small guy. 3X shirts, 42/44 waist depending on who makes the pants.

Id love a plate carrier that actually fit me, I have one at home, but alas I am to "round" for it to fit.

Ive got some video in my Battle Comp 1.0 review thread, you can see my size there.... I actually look alot like you adam... long lost twin? lol

Good post bro.

usmcvet
08-30-10, 19:08
My size too Im good for a few.

wedgehead30
09-01-10, 19:23

I know your pain man. Gotta settle for hats, one size truly does fit all. Ask me how I know......:rolleyes:

Scott

M-Forgery
09-02-10, 18:40
I know your pain man. Gotta settle for hats, one size truly does fit all. Ask me how I know......:rolleyes:

Scott

Not true in ball hats or boonie hats. I have a big head too. :lol:

Adam Pini
09-02-10, 19:02
Well lets start a movement to get some FAT FRIENDLY shirts LOL

af_tt
09-03-10, 00:19

LOL,
Dude nice rifle I really like how simple it is not too much junk hanging from it!

wedgehead30
09-03-10, 13:26

Once in a great while having a little extra ass in your pants comes in handy, not to often mind you. But it does help offset the recoil and weight of the gun. The Minimi feels like a toy to me...............:D

Scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mWZKfwAqnQ