PDA

View Full Version : Final upper....Noveske or BCM?

Eurodriver
08-25-10, 15:01
I hadn't planned on building this one up till Decemberish (I've bought two BCM uppers in the past 2 weeks), but decided to get it out of the way. 3 uppers in one month :)

The lower is an LMT Defender with Magpul CTR and MIAD pistol grip and H buffer. The optic is a Trijicon TA31F, I already have a BCG.

I have an M4 Clone, an A4 clone, and a 14.5" Midlength already.

I'm looking at the 16" BCM BFH with Larue handguards. $1200ish w/ BUIS, BCM Gunfighter, and Vortex FH (Flash suppression is more important on this upper than recoil management)

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-BFH-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-LaRue-p/bcm-urg-mid-16%20bfh%20lt12.htm

Or the Noveske 16" Light Recce Lo-Pro $1300ish w/ MIL discount. I like this because the gas block is pinned, it comes with everything I want already, and Noveskes reputation for accuracy is outstanding.

http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=lrlp-556&cat=103&page=1&search=&since=&status=

Recommendations? I got my first BCM upper in yesterday and the quality was great, I'm getting my 2nd in next week (UPS is horrible). Should I stick with what I know and get BCM or go for a Noveske? I have no personal experience with Noveske but from what I've been told they are at the top.

Are Noveskes heavy?

If my wife ever realizes we have bills to pay, this rifle will be employed and not a safe queen. In essence, I want the very best 50 yard+ upper thats available in 5.56. It doesn't have to be between the two choices above, those are just what Im looking at.

Thanks.

Enoc
08-25-10, 16:48
Let me ask you this: You already have a couple of great uppers from BC (no argument there), so why not try something new? Noveske uppers are very nice and I have gotten great accuracy from both of mine. If you are going to get a quality upper either way, why not go with the Noveske and spice up your life a little, you deserve it! :D
Good luck and have fun.

mpardun
08-25-10, 17:33
My $.02

Both are top shelf and are led by respectable men!

BCM are great hard use, mainly no-nonsense (except Paul & Co are tempting us with so very many barrel and rail options now days).

My belief is that Noveske has an ever so slight barrel advantage (although I have come to think SWS rails used are on the heavy side as well).

My suggestion is to either do a lightweight BCM Middy with the rail of your choice...or...a Noveske, with one of the Rogue Hunter, VTac or Noveske Shooting Team uppers (Troy Extreme) using their PacNor stainless barrels. either way you can't loose...only be $800-$1,200 poorer!

If it were my $, I'd even consider going 6.8 for a flatter "reach out and touch someone" capability.

djegators
08-25-10, 18:38
I seriously doubt you would be disappointed with a Noveske, so why not have some variety? Plus, you can get the free lower from them.

cop1211
08-25-10, 18:54
Let me ask you this: You already have a couple of great uppers from BC (no argument there), so why not try something new? Noveske uppers are very nice and I have gotten great accuracy from both of mine. If you are going to get a quality upper either way, why not go with the Noveske and spice up your life a little, you deserve it! :D
Good luck and have fun.

This.

Eurodriver
08-25-10, 21:57
I was going for the Noveske in the first place, but I was worried they'd be too "finicky", "heavy", and too much of a "salon brand".

After reading, they appear to be just as reliable as BCM with accuracy to boot. However this gun needs to be dead nuts reliable for possible overseas work, so it must be 5.56mm and I want a solid rail system as well a chrome lined bore. The 16" Lo Pro is looking pretty good right about here, although with the VIS it may be even better.

I will email Noveske and see what we can do :) Do you think they will sell an upper without the BCG and take $$ off? Or should I just take the BCG anyway?

Btw, here is my first BCM rifle completed. Noveske would be hard pressed to beat its quality and attention to detail...
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/5819/p8250032.jpg

TehLlama
08-25-10, 22:35
Noveske 16" Light Recce with a TROY/VTAC (or Daniel Defense Lite) Rail?
Or the same from BCM...
Or the same from Centurion...

The hive mind here couldn't care less - just post pictures!

500grains
08-25-10, 22:51
For a recce I would go for accuracy which means a Noveske SS bbl (or centurion).

docsherm
08-25-10, 23:03
No question, NOVESKE. You will not be disappointed.