PDA

View Full Version : M&P .357SIG to 9mm

chubs
08-25-10, 16:09
I know some people run a 9mm Lone Wolf Conversion Barrel in a .40cal but I wasn't sure if the same conversion could be run in a .357SIG. This would be only run for training and not for carry. Thoughts?

Seraph
08-25-10, 16:45
Seems that it would be the same as putting a 9mm conversion barrel into a .40 S&W. Any issues should be about the same as with the .40's. Off the top of my head, the ejector won't be in an optimal position. I'd rather get another pistol in 9mm myself.

chubs
08-25-10, 17:05
I've heard some people have had issues with the extractor and then some that have had none. Any experience with it?

Seraph
08-25-10, 17:51
I've heard some people have had issues with the extractor and then some that have had none. Any experience with it?

No, sir. I hadn't even thought of the extractor, but it makes sense that it should be a problem, in that the .357/.40 extractors won't have been designed to reach as far inward, due to the greater rim diameter of the .357 and .40, versus a 9mm rim. Same deal with the ejector. It would also seem less than ideal that your breech face is machined for a broader cartridge. All things, plus the fact that it's just better to have more guns, push me toward the 'nuther gun in 9mm option.

chubs
08-27-10, 19:45
I made a mistake on my original statement. I meant to say that I've heard of other people running Storm Lake Conversion Barrels.

Has anyone run a Storm Lake Conversion barrel and had any issues? G&R has a conversion barrel and 2 mags for $170.

dc202
08-27-10, 22:22
People, including me, seem to be running the 9mm Storm Lake conversion barrel in their 40s without any problem whatsoever. It is my understanding (but I could be wrong) that S&W uses the same extractor in both the 40/357 and the 9mm.