PDA

View Full Version : And The Award For Dumbest New Product Goes To...

SteyrAUG
08-25-10, 20:09
The Glock Charging Handle...

http://www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/FCH1_full.jpg

http://www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/MAK-FCH.jpg

While nobody in the industry believed the rail mounted bayonet lug for handguns could be topped, we were proven wrong once again.

With audacity of design and dedication to functional stupidity the GCH easily takes the award proving once again that Glock owners will buy ANYTHING.

WEC
08-25-10, 20:14
How appropriate that it was your 1337th post!

Iraqgunz
08-25-10, 20:16
That is so tactical. I may get one.

Seraph
08-25-10, 20:18
Game gun feature, maybe?

LOKNLOD
08-25-10, 20:23
Seems especially slick on that Left-handed G26.

Army Chief
08-25-10, 20:32
Almost thou persuadest me to buy a Glock.

Almost.

AC

RAM Engineer
08-25-10, 21:17
Game gun feature, maybe?

Yeah, I could maybe see that on a gun with an optic/rail that makes it hard to get a grip on the slide.

infidelprodigy
08-25-10, 21:22
Yeah, I could maybe see that on a gun with an optic/rail that makes it hard to get a grip on the slide.

I saw them on a bunch of Open class Glocks some shooters from northern CA were using. It was meant to be used when something like a C-more is mounted on teh slide abstructing quick acquisition.

IMO not needed for 99% of Glock users.

Boris
08-25-10, 21:35
Looks like a viable left handed Johnson Rod.

sammage
08-25-10, 22:02
Needs a forward assist to receive my approval.

whiterabbit05
08-26-10, 00:52
It looks like a door stop.

SWATcop556
08-26-10, 01:23
Agreed. No use what so ever for a social gun. Maybe (and that's a big maybe) I could see a use on a competition gun where you are running a RDS or optic of some kind. I should also mention I have very little experience shooting open guns so it may still be shit even for that application.

I still think the bayonet is more gay than pushing in someone's stool at a gay bar. :moil:

ROCKET20_GINSU
08-26-10, 01:58
I must have one...:suicide2:

GU

Complication
08-26-10, 08:21
Here's what gets me:
If that's a left-handed gun, how are you supposed to holster it?

glockeyed
08-26-10, 08:52
i think this beats it.

www.safetybullet.com

LOKNLOD
08-26-10, 09:07
Here's what gets me:
If that's a left-handed gun, how are you supposed to holster it?

The pic is reversed (look at the molded in logo on the grip, plus they don't exist), but the same question applies for the reverse image.

I can see why you might put one on a open race gun with an optic mount that covers the slide.... but a G26? I'd hate to see the jackwagon that came up with that bugfrak soup sandwich.

Complication
08-26-10, 09:12
i think this beats it.

www.safetybullet.com

Words fail me.

Seraph
08-26-10, 09:30
i think this beats it.

www.safetybullet.com

This would be good for those who are professional enough to handle a Glock Fohteh.

Did you see the demonstration video?

Complication
08-26-10, 09:31

"Youready?Letsdothis!"

montanadave
08-26-10, 09:33
As crazy as it sounds, my wife (who has rheumatoid arthritis which compromises her grip strength) would probably love it.

PaiMei
08-26-10, 10:05
I know these have been out for a quite a while. I may be wrong on this but I thought some of the IDF employed this for one handed cocking.

GermanSynergy
08-26-10, 10:12
I need to get one- in addition to the titanium firing pin, bayonet and some Korean Glock mags! :jester:

Seraph
08-26-10, 11:21
I need to get one- in addition to the titanium firing pin, bayonet and some Korean Glock mags! :jester:

I'm right there with ya, but I'm torn... between the bayonet and the bipod. Can't get both of them on the rail.

Complication
08-26-10, 11:26
I'm right there with ya, but I'm torn... between the bayonet and the bipod. Can't get both of them on the rail.

Then you need to buy my patent-pending rail-extender! In an exclusive partnership with UTG, we now offer you the ability to add a carbine-length quad-rail to your glocks for the ultimate in tactical readiness. Coming soon: mid-length and rifle-length quad-rails.

Seraph
08-26-10, 11:52
Then you need to buy my patent-pending rail-extender! In an exclusive partnership with UTG, we now offer you the ability to add a carbine-length quad-rail to your glocks for the ultimate in tactical readiness. Coming soon: mid-length and rifle-length quad-rails.

Well, after a bit more thought, I've decided I'm going to KISS... and go with just the bayonet. But maybe you can still help me, as I'll be needing a good IWB holster that will accommodate a Glock 19 w/ mounted bayonet. I'm willing to spend up to $25. :suicide2:

Complication
08-26-10, 11:54
I think we can design a sturdy nylon holster that will have the added benefit of wicking moisture away from your gun and bayonet. You don't want a rusty bayonet, after all.

ST911
08-26-10, 13:15

As crazy as it sounds, my wife (who has rheumatoid arthritis which compromises her grip strength) would probably love it.

Agreed. In addition to some optic configurations, users with certain strength or coordination deficits in the support hand would benefit from this device.

w.kyser
08-26-10, 15:03

Was it me or did it look like that guy couldn't keep his booger hook off the bang switch?

Complication
08-26-10, 15:25
Was it me or did it look like that guy couldn't keep his booger hook off the bang switch?

Wow, didn't even notice that. No wonder he felt the need to invent such a thing.

"There's nothing faster and easier than the safety bullet."
How about having a real bullet in the pipe?

If you don't remember to rack your semi-auto twice before deploying it, you're totally ****ed.
If you forget to rotate the chamber before firing your revolver, you're totally ****ed.
If you don't remember to shoot exactly Capacity-1 from your revolver, you're totally ****ed if you have to reload.
If you do any of the above and you don't have EXTRA EQUIPMENT to fix your gun, you're even more totally ****ed.

But all that's okay, because everyone knows none of the above will ever happen. And everyone knows that leaving your gun around the house with safety bullets loaded up is a PERFECTLY acceptable solution to:
Not stowing your gun where you control who has access to it.
Not teaching your kids to be responsible around guns.
Not leaving your gun out where an intruder can get a hold of it.

stifled
08-26-10, 19:29

That was my main thought re: the Glock charging handle--that or some sort of disability. There is a guy I work with who only has the first joint of each finger on his left hand, and something like this would make operating his firearm much easier. I'm not seeing much value otherwise...

m4fun
08-26-10, 21:10
Yo - this will be in the ways of my Homey sights:

w.kyser
08-27-10, 09:34
Yo - this will be in the ways of my Homey sights:

didn't this win the award a couple of years ago?

ChocLab
08-27-10, 13:38
I believe there is a past thread that shows that cocking handled coupled with one of these for the ultra tactical look but kept the stock sights.

http://www.smartlock.com/6LEPN1May04.JPG

THCDDM4
08-27-10, 13:48
wow! Just wow...:bad:

I was always partial to the birdman Nuke 50, and the shotcaller 9000 9MM Telephone/pistol...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=8583953

Moose-Knuckle
08-27-10, 15:05
That MAKO charging handle has been on the market for several years now.