PDA

View Full Version : Burris XTR-14 vs. Trijicon TR24

Pro2AInPA
08-26-10, 06:17
I need to make a decision between these two scopes. Primary use will be 3 gun competition, with targets from 10-300 yards.

The TR24 that's available to me is the green triangle.

I'm hoping there are folks here that have used both? :D

Tomahawk_Ghost
08-26-10, 20:44
Are you in a desert environment or some place with lots of green? I've tried the green triangle for hunting in Alabama it didn't work for me.

Edited to clarify.

My background was pasture land planted with Spring fescue and bermuda grass.

Pro2AInPA
08-27-10, 05:15
I have a green ACOG and the Trijicon green isn't like any trees around here. :p

In all seriousness though, I have no problem with the green reticle in my ACOG washing out against any background around here.

TehLlama
08-27-10, 14:31
The TR24's in Green are either absolute love, or indifference. I liked the green, but the TR24R worked much better for me (and was more available). So that's what I run.
I would say that if you don't need a reticle beyond a shiny bright triangle, the TR24 is unbeatable, but the XTR has other very desirable traits.

jbsmwd
08-27-10, 18:35
The TR24's in Green are either absolute love, or indifference. I liked the green, but the TR24R worked much better for me (and was more available). So that's what I run.
I would say that if you don't need a reticle beyond a shiny bright triangle, the TR24 is unbeatable, but the XTR has other very desirable traits.

like what?

pros:
1. horse shoe ret.
2. BDC
3. ?????

Cons:
1. batteries
2. Unknown track record (at least to me)
3. only part of the reticle is lights up if you care about that

I'm in the same boat which one? And to make matters worse there is Vortex Viper PST 1-4 which is still not out.

FishingFool
08-28-10, 16:12
a buddy has both. The TR24g is sweet. My eyes are drawn the the tip of the triangle for precision shots. The Burris's glass does not appear as bright. Also the recticle looks busy.

TehLlama
08-28-10, 18:38
like what?

pros:
1. horse shoe ret.
2. BDC
3. ?????

Cons:
1. batteries
2. Unknown track record (at least to me)
3. only part of the reticle is lights up if you care about that

I'm in the same boat which one? And to make matters worse there is Vortex Viper PST 1-4 which is still not out.

That was exactly my issue, with all the same comparisons. I found a great deal on the TR24R, picked one up. I've still got a preorder on the PST 1-4x in MRAD, so I'll stuff it in an LT-104 and be done for that backup rifle. Hopefully Mr. Marsh of 3GunStuff makes a cattail for it too.

fullmetalredhead
08-28-10, 19:12

SWFA is also coming out with a new 1-4x24 in the near future. It will feature a first focal plane BDC reticle that is different from other scopes in this class. I believe the center circle is illuminated by battery power:

http://www.jonaadland.com/Hunting/SuperSniper/1-4X24/PICT0127.JPG

armakraut
08-30-10, 17:43
SWFA is also coming out with a new 1-4x24 in the near future. It will feature a first focal plane BDC reticle that is different from other scopes in this class. I believe the center circle is illuminated by battery power:

Some kind of Super-Sniper brand scope? Any more details on this one?

Nugentforoffice
08-30-10, 19:17

which optic is this reticle in??

fullmetalredhead
08-30-10, 19:41
Some kind of Super-Sniper brand scope? Any more details on this one?

It's been in the works for awhile but there's no indication when exactly it will be available. That picture is from a prototype; I'm not sure that's the final reticle design. The scope is based off the SS 3-9x so will have similar construction and features. SWFA makes some pretty decent stuff so it will be interesting to see how it compares to other 1-4x. I think it's going to cost just a bit more than a TR24, probably around $800.

bones
08-30-10, 20:14

This looks very interesting !

Pro2AInPA
08-31-10, 06:30
Well I got a TR24G. Love it so far. :sarcastic: