PDA

View Full Version : Lighter forearm needed

charcoalburner
08-27-10, 10:15
OK, first post here. I am really enjoying the website and all of the info. I have a RRA Elite Operator 2 with the half quad free float handguard (minus the full length top rail, mines only half length) and a fixed front tower sight/gas block. I would like to have a lighter weight free float tube for the mid length gas system with rails. I need at least a VFG rail and a flash light rail. A full top rail would be nice but it is not a necessity. Any Suggestions? I realize I will need to remove the front sight tower/ gas block to install, any ideas what else I might need? TIA!

shootist~
08-27-10, 12:54
Search for a couple of large threads on the VTAC Extreme and similar Troy lightweight tubes. Sounds like those are what you are looking for.

luckyguy1
08-27-10, 14:17
the front hand guard will help but most RRA come with heavy barrels and that adds a ton of weight.

see if you can get your barrel to ADCO.com and have them re profile it or maybe think about a light weight barrel swap.

and then have a look at the MAGPUL MOE hand guards for about the lightest weight you can get. but you'll have to wait a few weeks until the mid length HG hits the market.

rob_s
08-27-10, 14:27
you may find this helpful (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pwswheghNQsFnUZMkZNF2DQ&output=html)

I would also suggest turning down the barrel, or replacing it with a .625" dia. barrel, and using the Troy TRX Extreme.

charcoalburner
08-27-10, 15:50
Thanks for all the info guys. I'll do some more research.