PDA

View Full Version : SouthNarc Vehicle Combatives and Shooting Tactics (VCAST)- Sept 9-11, 2011 - VA

VA_Dinger
08-27-10, 10:36
SouthNarc Vehicle Combatives and Shooting Tactics (VCAST)- Sept 9-11, 2011 - Virginia Beach, VA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/SouthNarc1.jpg

www.shivworks.com

“SouthNarc” is the on-line pseudonym for the assistant commander of a multi-agency drug unit located in the southern United States. SouthNarc is also the commander of his agency’s SWAT team. SouthNarc has been a full-time police officer since 1990 and has held line assignments in corrections, patrol, narcotics, investigations, and for the past seven years has been a narcotics group supervisor. He was also the primary defensive tactics instructor at the Southern Regional Public Safety Institute from 1992-1999 and has personally trained over five thousand police officers at the academy level. SouthNarc has extensive operational experience in an undercover capacity which is reflected heavily in the Extreme Close Quarter Concepts coursework. SouthNarc has a thirty year background in Phillipine, Indonesian, Brazillian and Japanese martial arts and is a veteran of the U.S. Army. He has been conducting training in the private sector in the U.S. and abroad for the past 5 years.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/logo.jpg

Grey Group Training:
www.greygrouptraining.com

Vehicle Combatives and Shooting Tactics (VCAST)

The ShivWorks Vehicle Combatives and Shooting Tactics (VCAST) course is a twenty-four hour block of instruction focused on developing combative functionality with firearms and empty hand skills in and around vehicles. The coursework is contextually underscored for the problems an armed citizen might possibly face from criminal activity. VCAST is a high liability course due to the nature of the developmental drills and evolutions.

This course will be utilizing non operable vehicles intended to be shot, and running condition vehicles not intended to be shot but will be damaged during the class. Student vehicles will also be used during the class in certain non-hazardous to damage portions of the class.

Topics covered include:

Day One (4 hours):

•Positional Dominance and parking tactics
•Surveillance Detection
•Managing encroachment and movement tactics
•Task Fixation problems on embuss
•Hostile debuss problems (parallel and perpendicular)

Day Two (12 hours)

•Engaging exterior targets front, sides, and rear live fire
•Engaging interior targets live fire
•Utilizing the vehicle as cover and positional shooting dynamics
•Debuss under fire
•Managing passengers and children
•In traffic positional tactics
•Minimizing target profile while driving through ambush
•Pushing through other vehicles
•Optimal in vehicle movement (modified Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu)
•Managing collisions and the Airbag Ambush
•Oncoming traffic concerns
•Live fire vehicle penetration demo

Day Three (8 hours)

•Student versus student developmental evolutions"

Instructor: "SouthNarc"

Class dates: Sept 9-11, 2011

Cost: $625

Range Facilities:

C2 Shooting Center, Inc
6025 Marvin Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23457

C2 Shooting Center:
www.thec2center.com

Class size: Maximum sixteen students

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:
- Reliable handgun
- Minimum two (2) magazines
- Quality holster and magazine pouches.
- 500 rounds of ammunition
- Heavy sweatshirt or soft body armor
- Mouthpiece and cup
- Seasonal weather gear
- Ballistic Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Weapon lubrication and cleaning supplies.
- Good attitude

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Grey Group Training sign-up page:
http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3576/SN-Vehicle-Combatives-dsh-Shooting/Detail.bok

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
training@greygrouptraining.com

Cecil Burch
08-09-11, 13:11
This is one of the coolest classes you could ever take. I have only been able to do portions of it, and it rocks! If I wasn't teaching in upstate NY that weekend, I would be at VCAST.

VA_Dinger
08-24-11, 10:28
FYI: This SouthNarc VCAST class is getting relatively close and we do have a limited number of open seats available.

If you are interested in signing up please feel free to do so. As always if you have any questions just hit me up with an email. I am always glad to help.

Thanks,

Paul