PDA

View Full Version : Hakko Panorama MK-III Worth $90.00?

THCDDM4
08-27-10, 15:17
My buddy is getting rid of an un-used NIB (He won an Eotech at a rafle before he got around to using the HAKKO) Hakko Panorama MK-III sight for $90.00 if I want it before he posts it online...

It retails for $250.00; but I want to know if I am waisting my time and $ with it; or if it is worth the $90.00???

I have no knowledge of this sight/optic and little knowledge of sights and opticsd in general.

I have decided on the aimpoint comp2 for my primary optic in the future (The wife is not liking all my gun/gun related purchases lately...:cray:)

Is it worht the $90.00 for now to have an optic while I wait until the timing is right with the wife for the aimpoint? ($90.00 is easier to explain and get away with, than $550.00 is!!!!)

Thanks!

LOKNLOD
08-27-10, 18:44
No. Put the money in your Aimpoint fund, and continue practicing with irons until you can get a quality optic. Spending the dollars on the Hakko only delays the eventual purchase of the Aimpoint, and gains you little to nothing in the meantime.

OPPFOR
08-27-10, 19:16
No. Put the money in your Aimpoint fund, and continue practicing with irons until you can get a quality optic. Spending the dollars on the Hakko only delays the eventual purchase of the Aimpoint, and gains you little to nothing in the meantime.

This is solid advice. Save the money and the experience you gain with the irons is just a plus.

THCDDM4
08-28-10, 10:53
Thanks guys; I actually prefer Irons to optics at the moment (Haven't had enough time with optics to really know there capabilities) and I am very proficient with them; I am gonna get the aimpoint for sure; money is not an issue here; just the wife. If the optic isn't worth the time/money I'll pass; but I have a few other rifles I could use the Hakko on (If it's not a crap sight); once the wife cools down and I get the aimpoint.
My real question is the quality of the HAKKO. If it is crap I don't want to waste $90.00 bucks on it, but if it is an okay optic I can use it for now on my M4 and then trade it to one of my other rifles when I get the aimpoint.