PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Carry Handle Questions

squid8286
08-28-10, 13:47
1. Are all A3 carry handles manufactured to the same height?

2. I have one that has an "A2" marking in front of the left side of the elevation wheel housing. Nothing else. Anybody know who made this particular one?

Dos Cylindros
08-28-10, 14:32
1: No, just like f marked and non f marked FSP there are two different height carry handles. I don't know the correct terms, but lets call them mil-spec (i.e. the height colt carry handles are) and commercial (DPMS, Bushmaster and various others). The colt height match up with "F" marked FSP and the Bushy heigh matches up with non "F" marked FSP. To use a colt height carry handle on a non F marked FSP you would need the taller FSP sold by Bushmaster for that purpose. You can not mix and match because you may have trouble zeroing the gun.

2: Sorry no help there.

bkb0000
08-28-10, 14:47
is the "A" split? sounds like an anchor harvy forge mark.. the number probably indicates which forge it was hammered on or something.

m4forme
08-28-10, 16:08
one off a Colt 6920 and one off a Bushmaster both have a square fordge mark and the elevation dials are both marked 6/3...
i know that the older Colt carry handles looked more like the fixed handles on the A2 rifles they were marked 8/3 on the elevation dial...

squid8286
08-29-10, 13:59
Thanks for the info.