PDA

View Full Version : Loctite

08-28-10, 16:35
Loctite has just come out with threadlocker tape. Performs just like the liquid except no more drips. Can get exactly where you want it. I'm switching. Not sure if has hit stores yet, buddy had some given to him by rep. Used it on some bolts and it was easier to use and worked just as well.

RD62
08-28-10, 19:09
I'll be giving it a try.

Sounds like a good means of application to me.

-RD62

Moose-Knuckle
08-28-10, 20:18
Sweet, kind of like the graphite tape you use on your washing machine's connections.

SWATcop556
08-29-10, 05:03
Sounds good. I'm just wondering if it will be easy to apply on smaller screws and bolts. I've never really run into too much issue with the liquid.

Oh yeah, 6933.......................Shiner Bock still awaits here in TX. :alcoholic:

ChicagoTex
08-29-10, 07:58
sounds like just the thing to secure my flash hider, tired of it coming loose all the time.

Entropy
08-29-10, 16:11
sounds like just the thing to secure my flash hider, tired of it coming loose all the time.

Too much heat for loctite. You'll want some Rockset for high temperature applications like a muzzle device.

08-29-10, 16:43
SWAT-Hope the family is doing well. Our daughter will be here at the end of October. Thanks for telling me, "If you have a son, you have to worry about one d**k, if you have a daughter, you have to worry about thousands."

ChicagoTex
08-29-10, 17:40
Too much heat for loctite. You'll want some Rockset for high temperature applications like a muzzle device.

Ah, thanks for the tip, I just assumed Loctite and Rockset were pretty much the same thing and therefore interchangeable for all applications.

Col_Crocs
08-29-10, 18:50
Loctite has several types. Blue and red mainly and Im sure a handful of others in between. Blue is low strength, lower temp tolerance, breaks free by hand. Red is high strength, High temp tolerance, and needs a blow torch to get off.
Rocksett is combination of both. Holds well, High temp tolerance but supposedly breaks off by hand as easily as blue loctite does.

DaBears_85
08-30-10, 23:30
I'm just wondering if it will be easy to apply on smaller screws and bolts.

I'm assuming you could just tear it into strips as you would with duct tape.

I've never really had a problem with the liquid either but I can see where it would definately have it's advantages.

bkb0000
08-30-10, 23:46
Ah, thanks for the tip, I just assumed Loctite and Rockset were pretty much the same thing and therefore interchangeable for all applications.

i've never used either for a muzzle device.. what MD are you using?

chadbag
08-31-10, 01:58

Me either, except when used in conjunction with a sound suppressor, where I used Rocksett.

ChicagoTex
08-31-10, 02:33

Standard A2 on a BM barrel.

bkb0000
08-31-10, 09:16
Standard A2 on a BM barrel.

have you considered moving to a regular crush or peel washer? they don't come lose

Entropy
08-31-10, 13:54
have you considered moving to a regular crush or peel washer? they don't come lose

Probably came from the factory with a crush washer. If the installer over torqued the FH onto the barrel and crushed the washer too much, then the FH would be loose. Never back off the crush washer once you've turned it into place.

ChicagoTex
08-31-10, 16:34
I actually did buy a new replacement crush washer, I just haven't used it because I wanted to pickup some threadlocker (in this case, I guess Rocksett) for extra insurance.

ra2bach
08-31-10, 17:18
I use the locktite blue in stick form, like a lipstick. it's real handy to get at stuff under a motorcycle and doesn't drip...