PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Range in PA?

Tun_Tavern215
08-29-10, 11:29
Greetings! Can anyone tell me if there are any Outdoor Pistol/Rifle range in the PA Area Primarily Philadelphia?

rubberneck
08-29-10, 13:36
Easton fish and game, Topton fish and game, Guthsville rod and gun and Ontelaunee gun club all have excellent outdoor facilities and are within 60 miles of the city. I guess it all depends on what you consider Philly area.

Tun_Tavern215
08-29-10, 19:49
Easton fish and game, Topton fish and game, Guthsville rod and gun and Ontelaunee gun club all have excellent outdoor facilities and are within 60 miles of the city. I guess it all depends on what you consider Philly area.

I live in Center City Philadelphia, But i will look into the ranges you have mentioned. Thank you

Boomer10
08-30-10, 10:25
New Holland Rifle & Pistol Club is about an hour north of Philly (depending on where exactly you live) and is black rifle friendly. They do require a membership but it's not that expensive.

Tun_Tavern215
08-31-10, 14:05
New Holland Rifle & Pistol Club is about an hour north of Philly (depending on where exactly you live) and is black rifle friendly. They do require a membership but it's not that expensive.

Thank you Boomer10 and everyone else who has help answer my question. I have looked into these places and will be visiting them soon. once again Thanks to all.

John

senorlinc
08-31-10, 22:43
I spend a lot of time in CC Philly. Langhorne Rod & Gun Club and Lower Providence Club are both private but are the best options within 45mins of the city

Boomer10
09-01-10, 00:11
I spend a lot of time in CC Philly. Langhorne Rod & Gun Club and Lower Providence Club are both private but are the best options within 45mins of the city

I spend most of my time at Langhorne R&GC. I actually run the monthly Practical Rifle matches there. I didn't mention LRGC in my first post because I've been told they're not accepting new members right now. Our matches are usually on the last sat. of the month and are open to the public.

SecretSquirrel
09-22-10, 16:58
Holmesburg fish and game is about 10 min from center city. It is 5min north of the tacony bridge.

AMC29
11-12-10, 15:31
I belong to Atglen Sportsman's Club in Chester County. There is a yearly membership fee, but the ranges are excellent and they have a 500 meter range!

Toxicodendron
05-14-11, 22:23
Is the OP looking to join a range or utilize a outdoor public range? If you are just looking to shoot, try Wicen's on 263 just north of Jamison.

http://wicenshootingrange.com/