PDA

View Full Version : DEA on SpikeTV

Rider79
08-29-10, 21:03
Anyone watch this?

Not trying to start an argument about the war on drugs, but I had to post this, this is about their discussion of the weapon.

So I'm watching an episode and they hit a drug stash house. In their search they find a KelTec SUB2000 folding 9mm carbine. The agents start calling it a "MAC10 machine gun" and the narrator says that it holds a 10 year sentence for owning it, then one of the agents tells the guy the laser sight on it is illegal as well. Another agent tells the camera that he could have sprayed everyone coming in the door and killed them all.

WTF?

Preferred User
08-29-10, 22:03
Because it is television.

It does not matter if it is "reality television" or cameras in a courtroom, everyone acts differently when there is a camera around. The agents saying that were just trying to make their bust look more glamorous/exciting/dangerous/whatever.

ST911
08-30-10, 09:12
Didn't watch it, but I've seen the show on-scene. :rolleyes:

Put cameras in front of folks, tell them they may be on TV, and it gets really interesting.

Alex V
08-30-10, 09:17
Yeah... saw one of the episides in Detroit where they found what looked like a G17 with a OD frame a and laser sight on the rail.... The agent who found it made it sound as if he just found a thermonuclear warhead with the timer ticking.

I don't know if they are hamming it up for the camera, of if they really feel that way toward firearms...

John_Wayne777
08-30-10, 09:26
It shouldn't come as a shock that lots of people who are in a profession that comes along with issued body armor and a sidearm do not really know that much about guns, or that guys on a TV show about busting drug dealers would be somewhat worried about bad guys who are armed.

Palmguy
08-30-10, 09:48
Anyone watch this?

Not trying to start an argument about the war on drugs, but I had to post this, this is about their discussion of the weapon.

So I'm watching an episode and they hit a drug stash house. In their search they find a KelTec SUB2000 folding 9mm carbine. The agents start calling it a "MAC10 machine gun" and the narrator says that it holds a 10 year sentence for owning it, then one of the agents tells the guy the laser sight on it is illegal as well. Another agent tells the camera that he could have sprayed everyone coming in the door and killed them all.

WTF?

I've only seen about two half-episodes of that show, but I did see the part you are talking about with the Keltec carbine. I paused it and used the DVR to rewind and replay it for my wife...she didn't get why I was rolling my eyes at the TV.

ForTehNguyen
08-30-10, 09:54
there's a reason why people dont go to law enforcement for accurate legal advice

Chuck
08-30-10, 10:04
I'm surprised they did not call it an AK47.

mpardun
08-30-10, 11:37
...or rather a joke that we have agents that know next to nothing about the industry/landscape that they are charged to police. I can only hope they know more about drugs than they do about gun 101.

Good news is that not all DEA agents are dip-shits, I know several that would be embarrassed to have heard the kind of ignorant garbage coming out of these folks mouths.

Entropy
08-30-10, 11:43
My experience with DEA has been very mixed. Some are professionals that know the job well........and some are.....well, take this guy for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmRN00KbCr8

kal
08-30-10, 11:58
My experience with DEA has been very mixed. Some are professionals that know the job well........and some are.....well, take this guy for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmRN00KbCr8

Glock should make a Glock fo-tay "I'm the only one professional enough..." engraved pistol.