PDA

View Full Version : Area 8 USPSA Championship

Robb Jensen
08-30-10, 06:38
Not my best match by far. I was 8th B class in Production (31st in Production) it was a very top heavy match. 4 GrandMasters and 11 Masters.
A very accuracy based match, some very far tight shots (my favorited kind of match). I like these type because it's gets back to the roots of the sports (ACCURACY). I shot two stages with all Alphas (the one standards type stage where it's two strings freestyle/strong hand, then freestyle/weak hand and on the stage where you get your gun from the podium).

It was my 2nd match using the Glock 17 Gen 4. The gun ran 100% for me and when I aligned the sights correctly it hit where it was supposed to. I had 1 miss on one stage on a international target with hard cover. Then 4 on the Springfield Armory stage with the tall red/yellow walls. This was one of those mindf**k stages and I was the first shooter on that stage. My plan was good but the execution was FUBAR. I meant to shoot 5 targets on each end and 3 targets from the 3rd port in from both sides. What happened is I came in on the 2nd port from each end and shot 2 targets two times too many and 2 targets not at all.....tanked my match. But it was fun none the less, best way to spend a Saturday. My friend Paul J. got some video of me on all 10 stages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAGUhWfCC8k

Looey
08-30-10, 08:11
pretty good brother, not bad for that kind of a match.
even tiger woods has off days....

Bryan W
08-30-10, 14:49
Nice video Robb... looked like a very technical type match. What ammo are you shooting? I noticed a few large flames at the muzzle of that Gen 4, but I've noticed the same thing with mine shooting Atlanta Arms 115jhp.