PDA

View Full Version : G&R's version of the APEX Tactical DCAEK

C4IGrant
08-30-10, 12:34
We run the APEX TACTICAL DCAEK in both our 9mm and 45 M&P's. They have been a fantastic upgrade and really improves the weapon shootability.

As we know, the DCAEK gives you a trigger pull around 5lbs. Both my 9mm and 45 are around 4.8 to be exact. It should be noted that both of my guns have a lot of polish work done to all the key areas.

We decided to do some experimenting with different springs to see if we could keep the hard trigger reset (which we like) with a trigger pull of around 4lbs. So we took the Apex Tactical Competition striker spring and installed it into one of our guns. The trigger pull went from the 4.8 range to to the 4.1-4.2 range. So it dropped about 6 ounces from the trigger pull weight.

What is great about this is that you can nicely tune your weapon to your wants/needs all by changing out a few springs.

Apex Tactical Competition striker spring
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/APEX_Striker_Spring.jpg

C4

johnson
08-30-10, 12:38
Will you be selling the spring by itself?

C4IGrant
08-30-10, 12:40
Will you be selling the spring by itself?

Already up for sale on our website. ;)

C4

willowofwisp
08-30-10, 14:18
Could we experience light strikes with that competition spring.

C4IGrant
08-30-10, 14:52
Could we experience light strikes with that competition spring.

I haven't and APEX Tactical advised me that they haven't had a single issue.

C4

johnson
08-30-10, 15:07
How about a cheaper shipping option? $.44 stamp and paper envelope.

C4IGrant
08-30-10, 15:10
How about a cheaper shipping option? $.44 stamp and paper envelope.

Sorry, but we try our best to not mess with the USPS.

C4

Watrdawg
08-30-10, 15:10
When will, if it will , become part of your DCAEK kit? Or will it be one of those items that you have to ask for to be included in the DCAEK kit?

C4IGrant
08-30-10, 15:12
When will, if it will , become part of your DCAEK kit? Or will it be one of those items that you have to ask for to be included in the DCAEK kit?

It really doesn't need to be as you can just select it when you order when you order a DCAEK or a gun.

C4

Watrdawg
08-30-10, 15:14
Cool. By the way the M&P 45 Midsize I ordered from you is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I got it with the DCAEK kit and the polished trigger. I can't wait to pick it up and shoot it this weekend.

C4IGrant
08-30-10, 16:07
Cool. By the way the M&P 45 Midsize I ordered from you is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I got it with the DCAEK kit and the polished trigger. I can't wait to pick it up and shoot it this weekend.

Great. Let me know how you like it.

C4

Sam
08-30-10, 20:01
Grant:
I bought just the APEX sear from you a couple weeks ago, and had a friend installed it. Wow, what a difference it made. My trigger now feels as smooth and maybe even lighter than my friend's Pro model.

C4IGrant
08-31-10, 08:04
Grant:
I bought just the APEX sear from you a couple weeks ago, and had a friend installed it. Wow, what a difference it made. My trigger now feels as smooth and maybe even lighter than my friend's Pro model.

Ya, the APEX Tactical kit trigger is far better than the S&W PRO trigger (IMHO).

C4

Det-Sog
08-31-10, 09:44
We run the APEX TACTICAL DCAEK in both our 9mm and 45 M&P's. They have been a fantastic upgrade and really improves the weapon shootability.

I am new to the forums, and just heard of G&R at the same time. After looking at your prices, I am thinking of purchasing my next M&P from you. You are very competitive. I like the idea of buying the weapon the way that I want it.

I am normally a gunshow guy, but after buying the APEX, then paying someone to install it, THEN getting decent night sights put on, I probably could have saved a little by ordering from you. My aftermarket gunsmith costs were a shade over $100. Sucks... SO;

1. To calculate TOTAL shipping, what are the local (Texas) FFL's "normally" going to charge me on my end for receiving the weapon and the transfer?

2. I am a LEO, so 3-dot night sights are a must for me (comfort zone). Any idea when you will offer these installed?

PLUG: I just heard of the APEX stuff recently also. This kit is AWESOME. Night and day difference. Anyone thinking about it should go for it. You will like it. I have two vintage Sigs, and I am starting to like my M&P as much, probably better than them after I put a few hundred more rounds through it.

C4IGrant
08-31-10, 10:32
I am new to the forums, and just heard of G&R at the same time. After looking at your prices, I am thinking of purchasing my next M&P from you. You are very competitive. I like the idea of buying the weapon the way that I want it.

I am normally a gunshow guy, but after buying the APEX, then paying someone to install it, THEN getting decent night sights put on, I probably could have saved a little by ordering from you. My aftermarket gunsmith costs were a shade over $100. Sucks... SO;

1. To calculate TOTAL shipping, what are the local (Texas) FFL's "normally" going to charge me on my end for receiving the weapon and the transfer?

2. I am a LEO, so 3-dot night sights are a must for me (comfort zone). Any idea when you will offer these installed?

PLUG: I just heard of the APEX stuff recently also. This kit is AWESOME. Night and day difference. Anyone thinking about it should go for it. You will like it. I have two vintage Sigs, and I am starting to like my M&P as much, probably better than them after I put a few hundred more rounds through it.

1. Who knows. That is something that you will have to find out as you call around. Make sure that you make them aware that you are LE. My guess is somewhere around $20.

2. Most likely never as they are not the best choice out there. Your best bet is to have us special order an M&P with the factory NS (cheapest way to go).

C4

Det-Sog
08-31-10, 10:36
Thanks!

I'll give you first crack at my new purchase. I have to sell something or wait until the tax refund first though.

Loner
08-31-10, 13:09
IF I'm only using the Apex hard sear and striker block kit with stock sear and trigger return spring how will this competition striker spring affect the overall trigger pull?

C4IGrant
08-31-10, 13:16
IF I'm only using the Apex hard sear and striker block kit with stock sear and trigger return spring how will this competition striker spring affect the overall trigger pull?

It will lighten your trigger pull by about 6 ounces I think.

I guestimat that your trigger pull now is around 4.5-4.8 right now.

C4

Watrdawg
08-31-10, 15:03
M&P45 Midsize with Grants Apex DCAEK kit just came in. My dealer called and I ran right on over. Since picking it up I've dry fired it a few times and the trigger is really smooth. I haven't been able to measure trigger pull yet but feels like 4.5 to 5 lbs. I'll find out for sure when I get home and can measure it. Saturday noon is opening day of Dove season here in Nc and I'll be shooting my M&P in the morning at the range and then heading out to the dove field after that. Can't wait

orionz06
09-03-10, 23:33
After 3 nights worth of dry fire I am very pleased with the overall feel with the latest striker revision. Live fire confirmation this weekend prior to committing to carry.

C4IGrant
09-04-10, 08:46
After 3 nights worth of dry fire I am very pleased with the overall feel with the latest striker revision. Live fire confirmation this weekend prior to committing to carry.

Did you notice a difference with the comp. striker spring?

C4

orionz06
09-04-10, 08:50
It feels like it knocked the pull down a little bit, but I haven't used a scale on it (not high speed enough to own a trigger scale). The pull feels like it is where I wanted the gun to be in the first place, which is good.

At $2 a pop it is worth a shot for anyone with an M&P anyway.

C4IGrant
09-04-10, 09:08
It feels like it knocked the pull down a little bit, but I haven't used a scale on it (not high speed enough to own a trigger scale). The pull feels like it is where I wanted the gun to be in the first place, which is good.

At $2 a pop it is worth a shot for anyone with an M&P anyway.

Before I ever put the trigger puller on it, I could easily feel the difference. Then the scale confirmed what I was feeling.

I agree, the trigger pull is now where I like it.

C4

orionz06
09-08-10, 08:28
Put about 200 rounds through the new set up, DCAEK with the competition striker spring and compared it to a DCAEK only with the stock strike,r and the new spring makes a bigger difference than expected. I am glad bought 3 of them.

:D:D:D

C4IGrant
09-08-10, 09:07
Put about 200 rounds through the new set up, DCAEK with the competition striker spring and compared it to a DCAEK only with the stock strike,r and the new spring makes a bigger difference than expected. I am glad bought 3 of them.

:D:D:D

Glad you like them.

C4

Seraph
09-08-10, 10:03

As we know, the DCAEK gives you a trigger pull around 5lbs. Both my 9mm and 45 are around 4.8 to be exact. It should be noted that both of my guns have a lot of polish work done to all the key areas.

We decided to do some experimenting with different springs to see if we could keep the hard trigger reset (which we like) with a trigger pull of around 4lbs. So we took the Apex Tactical Competition striker spring and installed it into one of our guns. The trigger pull went from the 4.8 range to to the 4.1-4.2 range. So it dropped about 6 ounces from the trigger pull weight.

What is great about this is that you can nicely tune your weapon to your wants/needs all by changing out a few springs.

Apex Tactical Competition striker spring
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/APEX_Striker_Spring.jpg

C4

Well, there it is, then.

bleaman225
09-08-10, 21:03
Looking forward to mine shipping!!

dvdlpzus
09-08-10, 22:43
Looking forward to mine shipping!!

Just bought mine from Grant and I also ordered the competition striker spring. I can't wait to get it!

bleaman225
09-13-10, 21:48
Got my DCAEK and striker spring set for my M&P 45 today. Installing tomorrow. Thanks Grant.

C4IGrant
09-14-10, 08:22
Got my DCAEK and striker spring set for my M&P 45 today. Installing tomorrow. Thanks Grant.

Let us know what you think.

C4

flanntastic
09-14-10, 08:59
Grant,
i just sent a email to sales to see if i could add the spring and sear to Order I15000

Thanks

number9xd
11-04-10, 22:41
Thanks for this post Grant. I haven't given my M&P much love since getting it. Too focused on the Glock I guess.

This thread helped to get me in gear and I ordered the Apex DCAEK kit and Apex Tactical Competition striker spring spring from you and got them today. Installed them tonight and man I can tell a big difference just in dry fire. Gonna run some rounds through it this weekend!!

C4IGrant
11-05-10, 09:10
Thanks for this post Grant. I haven't given my M&P much love since getting it. Too focused on the Glock I guess.

This thread helped to get me in gear and I ordered the Apex DCAEK kit and Apex Tactical Competition striker spring spring from you and got them today. Installed them tonight and man I can tell a big difference just in dry fire. Gonna run some rounds through it this weekend!!

Thanks for the order.

We also have put together a break package for folks that want one of the latest generation striker's assemblies and the APEX Competition spring.

C4

number9xd
11-05-10, 11:28
Dang, wish I would have known that. Mines got the two piece spring keepers.

Sparks2112
11-06-10, 02:07
Grant,

Tried ordering one of the kits plus comp striker spring but I don't think your page likes my blackberry. I'll order one of these from you next time I'm around the comp. Out of curiousity can you think of anyway to get the pull down into the 3.5 to 3.76 rsnge without sacrificing reliability?

C4IGrant
11-06-10, 08:34
Grant,

Tried ordering one of the kits plus comp striker spring but I don't think your page likes my blackberry. I'll order one of these from you next time I'm around the comp. Out of curiousity can you think of anyway to get the pull down into the 3.5 to 3.76 rsnge without sacrificing reliability?

Yes on the trigger pull, but I would not recommend it for defensive weapon.

AT does make a competition spring kit (FYI).

C4