PDA

View Full Version : Please educate me about mini red dots.

TacDoc
07-03-07, 08:54
I'm looking for some imput about the pros and cons of mini red dots.

Are they as solid as an EoTech?
Wich one is better? Docter Optic, Burris FastFire, J-Point or Pride Fowler?
How is the reticle?
Does they co-witness with irons using a Larue mount?

I'm willing to change my EoTech 512 for one of this mini red dots in order to shave off some weight, but I dont want to sacrifice the FAST target engagement provided by the EoThingy.

Any imput, comments and pics will be greatly appreciated.

Resq47
07-03-07, 18:32
I'm more than a little curious about Victor's RDP (http://jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=435538
) as well. I'll probably give one a run and see...

chad
07-13-07, 22:06

How is the reticle?

I'm willing to change my EoTech 512 for one of this mini red dots in order to shave off some weight, but I dont want to sacrifice the FAST target engagement provided by the EoThingy.

I find target engagement speed is slower with the mrd than a tube sight. This is based on some simple drills at ranges under 25yds and using a timer.

Chad

Gun Runner
11-04-07, 20:21
I'm more than a little curious about Victor's RDP (http://jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=435538
) as well. I'll probably give one a run and see...

Nice! I think I found what I was looking for.

Now to decide between a 45 degree YHM mount and mounting it to the scope...

If I can run the 45 degree unit with a BUIS that's the direction I'd like to go.

Hang-Fire
11-26-07, 01:31

How is the reticle?

I would also like to know which one of those sights is the best. I'm thinking of mounting one on top of my ACOG, but I can't tell much of a difference between those small sights. Any feedback would be appreciated.

KevinB
11-26-07, 07:44
Dr is much more robust

Unless your wanting to mount it on an ACOG -- have a look at the T1 Micro from Aimpoint -- and the Larue mount for it.

Hang-Fire
11-26-07, 21:01
Dr is much more robust

Unless your wanting to mount it on an ACOG -- have a look at the T1 Micro from Aimpoint -- and the Larue mount for it.

Could you post a link to the "Dr" sight you mentioned? I'm wanting to mount it on top of my ACOG using one of the mounts that screw onto the top of the scope.

Littlelebowski
11-27-07, 17:49
Pride Fowlers are a bit more rugged than the rest.