PDA

View Full Version : Bit the bullet, I'm a Glock owner, and I'm sold

lloydkristmas
08-30-10, 19:13
Decided to go back to the Glock, so I got an OD Green G17. I've been a long time HK USP shooter, but I forgot how much I prefer the lower bore axis, increased capacity, and rail of the G17. 500 rounds this weekend alone, flawless so far, but that doesnt surprise me.

Here she is with big brother

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/FNHKSIG/FSg17.jpg

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/FNHKSIG/FSGlock.jpg

Business_Casual
08-30-10, 19:22
Seems too dramatic for some reason.

Congrats, if that's what you need to hear.

B_C

JHC
08-30-10, 19:23
Changed sights yet? It's virtually an article of faith . . . no it is an article of faith that the factory sights must go. OTOH, IMO, it's the rear that is really a mess. The new fronts that actually screw on can give decent service if your vision can tolerate that they're pretty thick. One of my 17's - the OD one actually, has the Kyle Defoor Ameriglo rear and I have added a screw on Glock OEM front to match (pulled off a recent Gen 4 purchased) and one young eyed shooter here likes that combo so I'm leaving it for awhile.

Good luck.

lloydkristmas
08-30-10, 19:27
Changed sights yet? It's virtually an article of faith . . . no it is an article of faith that the factory sights must go. OTOH, IMO, it's the rear that is really a mess. The new fronts that actually screw on can give decent service if your vision can tolerate that they're pretty thick. One of my 17's - the OD one actually, has the Kyle Defoor Ameriglo rear and I have added a screw on Glock OEM front to match (pulled off a recent Gen 4 purchased) and one young eyed shooter here likes that combo so I'm leaving it for awhile.

Good luck.

Yeah I have a set of night sights for it but havent gotten around to putting them on yet.

I should have clarified, this isnt my first Glock, I carried a 26 for a while, but I felt as though my primary handgun was better off being a Glock. Im no Glock expert, but I am familiar with them

M4arc
08-30-10, 20:12
Welcome back!

JHC
08-30-10, 20:27
Welcome back!

Aren't you running a new Glock this year sticking to the factory sights? That post led me to try out the OEM front with a little better rear.

M4arc
08-30-10, 20:32
Aren't you running a new Glock this year sticking to the factory sights? That post led me to try out the OEM front with a little better rear.

No, not me. I'm running the Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on mine and loving them.

Heavy Metal
08-30-10, 21:10
i advanced my Glock purcahses to get all the OD ones I want. I got two green G-19's and picked-up OP G-17 number two today.

I still want a green frame G-20 and G-26 before they dissappear. I am thinking the 26 is more common and should go for the 20 first.

PrivateCitizen
08-30-10, 21:19
Excellent auto.

Now get back the the AR! ;)

M4arc
08-30-10, 21:42
i advanced my Glock purcahses to get all the OD ones I want. I got two green G-19's and picked-up OP G-17 number two today.

I still want a green frame G-20 and G-26 before they dissappear. I am thinking the 26 is more common and should go for the 20 first.

Yo dude, check out topgunsupply.com. I believe he has both in OD.

l8apex
08-30-10, 21:50
Congrats on going back, did the same earlier this year. Consolidated which helped me shoot personal bests this year.

kal
08-30-10, 22:03
Speaking of glocks, at first I was not liking the idea of glocks lacking a external safety, but recently realized that I can modify the trigger to have a heavier pull weight for ccw than what it has out of the box. (I have a fear of light triggers and no safeties).

I wish I knew that before I bought the taurus oss. I would've ended up with a reliable glock in 45.

Maybe I wasn't professional enough.:D

desertdisciple
09-04-10, 00:12
Welcome back to the Glock-side.

*I used to make fun of "plastic pistols"...
Til I got a G23c...& have bought/traded for another 3 or 4 models...Now, I LOVE GLOCKS!
Will keep the 23 (w/ a KKM) as my always gun, in a VMII... Now, can't wait for the Gen. 4 G22!*

GLOCK-ON!
:dirol:

Ga Shooter
09-04-10, 06:31
No, not me. I'm running the Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on mine and loving them.

+1. Those things are great. And welcome back!!

Alpha Sierra
09-04-10, 09:16
Like you, I tried to stay away from Glocks only to find out that they fit my hand better than any semi auto out there.

My M&Ps and SIGs are gone now.

newyork
09-04-10, 10:42
I too had Glocks and dumped them all to try other guns. Now I'm 1 week from re-purchasing a G19 because it's really what I like in a firearm. Simple, reliable, good reset, easy to shoot. Not that my HK45 is going anywhere though.
Enjoy your 17

jamaicanj
03-28-11, 21:12
Congrats. Looks good with big brother

TOrrock
03-28-11, 21:17
Speaking of glocks, at first I was not liking the idea of glocks lacking a external safety, but recently realized that I can modify the trigger to have a heavier pull weight for ccw than what it has out of the box. (I have a fear of light triggers and no safeties).

I wish I knew that before I bought the taurus oss. I would've ended up with a reliable glock in 45.

Maybe I wasn't professional enough.:D

A good training class from a reputable outfit would be a better way to spend the money.

opmike
03-28-11, 21:51
What unholy séance brought this thread back from the grave?

TOrrock
03-28-11, 22:10
What unholy séance brought this thread back from the grave?

I have no idea, didn't look at the date.

I think we can put it back to rest though.