PDA

View Full Version : So. Ms / Louisiana training

amac
08-31-10, 09:18
I talked with Jack of Elite Arms this morning about setting up a traing day in Oct. He is willing to adjust his calendar to fit the group need. I was proposing a Sunday - early/mid Oct.

Jack said typical class is SIX people, but can accomodate more. Maybe ten max. We can do Carbine2 and or combine C2 with handgun2. It would be transition training.

What do you think? Who's intetested and what dates work best? Again, the cost is $250 for the day, plus ammo. LMK

amac
09-01-10, 06:52
lot's of lookers... any takers? no relpies...? :confused:

FishingFool
09-01-10, 08:06
Never heard of them but I have heard of these guys and they actually have a course this sunday:

http://www.vatatrainingcenter.com/calendar.html

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42601

I may do another Appleseed shoot this year but that'll be it for me until after Larue's 3 gun match.

amac
09-01-10, 11:51
Jack shot a date for training... October 17. The session would begin at 8:00 and end aroun 5:30. His preference is for 6 people. I am in. Are there 5 more? I'll see how long we have before the date is forfeit. LMK asap. Thanks

jaxman7
09-02-10, 12:36
Amac,

Thanks for getting in touch with Jack. I'm in bud.

amac
09-02-10, 20:18
Amac,

Thanks for getting in touch with Jack. I'm in bud.

Nice to hear. We need to have the six in order to reserve the date. I will have to let Jack know on Monday where we stand. If it doesn't happen, I'll make other arrangements.

By the way, that is you in the photo, right?

jaxman7
09-03-10, 12:41
Amac,

I'll talk to my neighbor tonight and see if he can go so that's possibly half. Hopefully we can get more before Monday.
If you are referring to the photo of the guy in the grey shirt shooting a 1911 then yeh that's me. Ha Ha That pic always bothered me b/c my firing hand thumb is pointed up and not forward.

amac
09-06-10, 19:41
Due to lack of interest, I've cancelled the Elite Arms Training. May try again later.

jaxman7
09-07-10, 14:25
Roger that amac. I hate to see that but we'll try again sometime soon.

amac
09-08-10, 20:07
The date for carbine/pistol training is back on. Jack, with Elite Arms Training, has reserved the date and I have submitted my application and deposit. I will be there and anyone else is welcome. The price is $250 for the day + ammo. We will be spending 1/2 the day on each weapon. I plan to have the instructor emphasize the transition from carbine to pistol. Again, the date is Sunday, October 3 beginning at 8:30am.

Please let me know if you want to attend. You will need to complete an application. Here is the link to their website to do so. http://www.elitearmstraining.com/form.php

jaxman7
09-10-10, 20:19
Awesome! I'll give Jack a call tomorrow. Thanks bud.

-Jax

cl2
09-11-10, 19:45
The date for carbine/pistol training is back on. Jack, with Elite Arms Training, has reserved the date and I have submitted my application and deposit. I will be there and anyone else is welcome. The price is $250 for the day + ammo. We will be spending 1/2 the day on each weapon. I plan to have the instructor emphasize the transition from carbine to pistol. Again, the date is Sunday, October 3 beginning at 8:30am.

Please let me know if you want to attend. You will need to complete an application. Here is the link to their website to do so. http://www.elitearmstraining.com/form.php

Count me in.

jaxman7
09-13-10, 07:21
Everybody up for a little 3 gun on Saturday?! Not sure if l3mon or jman are going. I think both of them have something called a life and can't go. :bad: Hopefully we'll have a big turn out like last time. I'll volunteer and bring some hamburger patties.

-Jax

FishingFool
09-13-10, 07:32
there is also a night match that night at poplarville. I'll be doing both matches :)

jaxman7
09-13-10, 08:51
Whoops. Meant to put that last post in our South MS/LA thread. 2 matches in a day? That sounds like a blast. They'll be alot of downtime between each match which is a good thing.

parishioner
09-14-10, 04:24

I'm highly interested. I'll have to check my schedule but I'll let you know by the weekend.

Jax, haven't you attended a class with these guys or did I make that up?

jaxman7
09-14-10, 07:48
Yeh I've been to 2 handgun classes with Jack. He's a a good instructor and will push you hard. There are a couple of things I do differently that he instructs with (e.g. he likes the slingshot method and I like powerstroking) but overall it was money very well spent. He doesn't tell you to do everything just like him he just asks you to try it out.

amac
09-20-10, 07:37
Training day is TWO weeks out. I met a guy at the 3Gun that had great things to say about Jack and Elite Arms Training. As far as I know, Jax and I are the only ones lined up. Check your calendars and check books and see if you can make it. Visit their website for the application. They require 50% deposit prior to class date.

Hope to see you there.

:cool:

did you see my pics?

amac
09-26-10, 10:44
Training day is TWO weeks out. I met a guy at the 3Gun that had great things to say about Jack and Elite Arms Training. As far as I know, Jax and I are the only ones lined up. Check your calendars and check books and see if you can make it. Visit their website for the application. They require 50% deposit prior to class date.

Hope to see you there.

did you see my pics?

Countdown to training day. Anyone else in? Geezerbutler may be signing up. Anyone else? Buehler? ... ?

parishioner
10-04-10, 15:09
So how did the training day pan out?

I really wanted to make this but I had to write care plans and study all weekend.

amac
10-04-10, 20:45
So how did the training day pan out?

I really wanted to make this but I had to write care plans and study all weekend.

No problem. It was well worth the time. Jack is pretty advanced in his knowledge. It was just me, so I had his undivided attention. I ran hard, shot a lot and learned a lot. I will most likely go back again and do more focus training, ie. pistol only, then carbine only.

All in all, it was pretty awesome! Catch you at the next 3gun.

jaxman7
10-09-10, 02:28
Fellas scroll down to the regional training group section. We have our own thread there now and I think we will receive alot more responses from there. I think we should close this out and only post there. Everyone cool with that? Amac I HATE that I couldn't make the class. Had truck and work problems going on.