PDA

View Full Version : October Rifle/Pistol practice session: [B]SEE UPDATE IN LAST POST[/B]

VMI-MO
08-31-10, 23:35
I am looking to get a training group going.

Range would be located in Jarratt, VA. We have steel targets, and up to 400m of range to use. NO GAY RANGE RULES to hinder training.

Time frame would be sometime in October.

This would NOT be a formal class. Just a group of guys getting together shooting some pre-planned drills and offering advice to one another.

If interested leave a response here, with possible dates that work for you. Or you can email/ PM me.

PJ

Vinh
09-01-10, 10:41
Very interested. I should be pretty flexible on dates in October.

Littlelebowski
09-01-10, 11:40
You know I'm coming but anyway, here's a reminder. Me, JJ, and one other dude if that's OK.

vel525
09-01-10, 13:31
Interested here as well. Can be flexible in October.

cgcorrea
09-01-10, 13:35
Anybody know how far Jarratt is from Chantilly? :confused:

VMI-MO
09-01-10, 16:14

The range is Exit 20 off I-95.

PJ

Littlelebowski
09-01-10, 16:17

170 miles or so.

I've attended one of these events and came away a better shooter because of it. Highly recommended. VMI-MO can shoot as well.

vel525
09-02-10, 08:50
If there are several of us from NoVA going we can always car pool if someone prefers to drive or not to drive.

M4arc
09-02-10, 08:54
I would love to attend but it will depend on the dates and how they line up with hockey and another training class, Dave Harrington, that I'm planning on attending.

cgcorrea
09-02-10, 10:29
170 miles or so.

I've attended one of these events and came away a better shooter because of it. Highly recommended. VMI-MO can shoot as well.

Oh ok. Thanks Littlelebowski. 170ish miles isn't too bad. So distance won't be an issue. With potential car pooling it will be even less of an issue. I'm definately interested. I can learn alot from something like this. I think i will come away a better shooter from it as well.

kittyhawk
09-03-10, 21:32
Any word on the Date, I am up in chantilly and would be interested in a carpool.

Thanks

VMI-MO
09-03-10, 21:42
Any word on the Date, I am up in chantilly and would be interested in a carpool.

Thanks

Date is OCT 16. Let me now if you are still interested.

PJ

cgcorrea
09-03-10, 22:24
Carpool would definately be a good idea.

Thanks

Kchen986
09-05-10, 15:33
Absent guard duty, I would love to come out and train with you guys.

JSantoro
09-05-10, 22:28
Aw, nuts!

I'll be up at Ft Dix with 1/25 that weekend, but I'd love to hear about any other events when they happen.

kittyhawk
09-06-10, 17:39
DAM thats the weekend of my camping trip out to Gore.
Hopefully next time.

Dave

shittercrewchief
09-08-10, 18:04
sounds interesting if im free i would swing down with a buddy or two

motoduck
09-09-10, 08:53
PJ,
We met at the Nightfighter course eariler this year (Black suburban parked next to you) My team mate and I are trying to see if we can make it. It looks to be a "fun" day of training. It will be a last minute thing if we can make it. Do you need advance notification or is it a Who shows day?

VMI-MO
09-09-10, 10:45
PJ,
We met at the Nightfighter course eariler this year (Black suburban parked next to you) My team mate and I are trying to see if we can make it. It looks to be a "fun" day of training. It will be a last minute thing if we can make it. Do you need advance notification or is it a Who shows day?

By all means, we would love to have you down.

PM me your email, so you will recieve the final plan. That will go out in early OCT.

If you can make it, awesome. If you cant, no worries.

PJ

mpom
09-11-10, 12:50
Am interested, if not working that weekend. Will have better idea closer to date. Coming from Poquoson VA, if anyone is interested in car pooling.

Mark

m4fun
09-14-10, 23:34
ooh - this is sounding good! I will have to work through getting a hall-pass.

JSantoro
09-16-10, 15:41
I'm open on either the 2nd or 3rd weekend of October (it's either/or; waiting on The Word. Women :rolleyes:).

Weekend of the 16th is out. @ Ft. Dix.

Weekend of the 23rd MAY be open. Waiting on a co-worker to get me details; developing. Kinda hoping it's assigned, I could use the per diem!

Weekend of the 30th is open.

Kchen986
09-27-10, 06:22
Found out that my first weekend of pre-OCS begins on Oct. 16th--if it's that weekend, I won't be able to make it, either.

Vinh
09-27-10, 19:22
Messed up one of my fingers, but still ok for October 16. Will be shooting with one hand.

C45P312
09-27-10, 20:07
May be heading down to TX for the Larue Range Day, if not, I'm definitely there!

VMI-MO
10-05-10, 18:55
UPDATE

Gents,
Due to some upcoming training, and some other things that have not worked out because of time I am going to have to push back this event.

Expect another warno on this late this month or early next month for another shoot going down in the middle of November.

If I were to go ahead with running this on the 16th it would not be up to par and would not be as good of an experience as it could of been for all those involved.

PJ

C45P312
10-05-10, 19:14
May be heading down to TX for the Larue Range Day, if not, I'm definitely there!

UPDATE

Gents,
Due to some upcoming training, and some other things that have not worked out because of time I am going to have to push back this event.

Expect another warno on this late this month or early next month for another shoot going down in the middle of November.

If I were to go ahead with running this on the 16th it would not be up to par and would not be as good of an experience as it could of been for all those involved.

PJ

That's cool by me. I would have had to miss if it were on the 16th. Now just don't hold it Nov 5-7 ;-)

chillindrdude
11-25-10, 09:59
anymore practice sessions in the works?

vel525
04-18-11, 17:53
Figured I would bump the thread and see if there is any training in the works since the nicer weather makes me want to do things outside.

mpom
04-18-11, 20:28
Still interested.

Mark P