PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on 5.56 Galil by CAI

Henchman
07-03-07, 21:17
Has any one seen the new 5.56 Galils from Century Arms. Looked one over the other day and it appeared pretty solid and well fit. What is the going rate for one? How hard is it to get magazines for them. Thanks for any information.

TOrrock
07-04-07, 22:12
Original Galil mags are out there and not hard to find, and you can get IMI made mag adapters to take M16 magazines.

Honestly, I'm not very impressed with them, they've been VERY hit and miss at this point...

Henchman
07-05-07, 10:16
Thanks for the reply. The one I saw looked good except for the canted front sight base. Any idea why they went with an 23" barrel as opposed to say 16"? Guess I'll start looking at Arsenal or Krebs AK's.

Lumpy196
07-06-07, 03:09
Ive seen two and pics of several. Im not impressed at all.

Im a Galil snob. Save your money for something that says "IMI - Israel" on the side.

MH64
07-06-07, 10:58
Last show in Dallas, I looked over a dozen and all had what I consider issues, especially for close to a grand. Front sight cants on most and stock looseness on all.

Still if I can find what looks like a good one I'll probably get it.

I'm just not looking anymore.

Henchman
07-06-07, 16:43
Did some reading on the other site and think I'll pass on the CAI Galil for now. From what I read it sounded like 2 out of 5 had issues. The problem that has driven me off for now was that a few had feeding issues, and or would not strip rounds from the magazines.

Kisara
07-06-07, 22:38
they've been VERY hit and miss at this point...
Just to clarify- Are you talking about the Century's, or the adapters? I've always wanted one of those adapters, but they're too pricey. They are so rare, I've never heard good things or bad about them.

Henchman- I've never seen a Century Galil, but if they are anything like the Century HK91 clones and FAL's I've seen... I'd say no thanks. Save up for a genuine IMI; at least you can always sell for same or maybe even more than you paid.

TOrrock
07-06-07, 22:52
I was refering to the actual rifle from Century.....

There have been several IMI mag adapters brought out to market this past year, most about $40-$50 or so.

They've apparently worked just fine in original IMI rifles.