PDA

View Full Version : M&P 45 & G21 SF.....

Hawkeye
07-03-07, 21:44
Anyone have hands on time with both? Thoughts, likes, etc., between the two?

Robb Jensen
07-03-07, 21:51
Anyone have hands on time with both? Thoughts, likes, etc., between the two?

I have about 1K through each. I like the 21SF just a little better. Both are really nice. The 21SF seems just a little easier for me to draw, shoot well, manipulate. It's not it's accuracy (their about the same) I think it's just the way it fits my hand. It could be that I just have many more years experience on the Glock than I do with the M&P.

In the 9mm size autos (M&P vs Glock 17), I like the M&P9 just a little better.

Hawkeye
07-03-07, 22:10
Thanks. I was hoping you'd chime in. Just trying to amke a decision here on a few things....

M4arc
07-05-07, 17:58
I've been going back and forth between those two as well. I love the Glock for the proven track record, cheap and abundant magazines, the various websites like Lone Wolf that offer every item you could possibly want for the Glock and the unlimited holster support.

However, the more I shoot my M&P the further I get from shooting my Glocks. Simply put I can put more rounds in the black with the M&P. Ergonomics wise I think the M&P just suits me better. As much as I want to remain a "Glock Guy" as Dinger puts it I just keep going back to the M&P.

As far as parts, mags and support goes things are shaping up for the M&P. Brownells has been getting stuff in more frequently and now that dealers like G&R are stocking mags it's getting easier to find what you need.

I can tell you this; my next purchase is going to be a M&P45.

trio
07-05-07, 18:32
i have owned and shot both pretty extensively....

I have a tendency to cycle through my handguns.....because of my wife's "one in one out" kind of policy I cant ever hold onto things for long because I like to try things out...

for me I really liked the G21SF with the 3.5 connector better than the MP45....to me the MP9 and MP45 werent even in the same league....I love the MP9...the MP45 for some reason didnt feel as controllable and polished to me....i kind of compare it (for me) to a P7M8 and a P7M10...the M8 was always a marvel to me...the M10 was like shooting a brick with a trigger...for whatever reason the "up engineering" didnt translate well....

as far as the 9mms compare...I was never much of a G19 guy (too small for my hand really) so the MP9 was a hands on favorite for me....I recently came into a G17 cheap, so I am going to try and give it some extensive trigger time to see how I like comparatively....

But for me when I actually modded the G21SF some it really opened my eyes..."wow, perhaps I havent liked Glocks as much because I havent taken the time to try"

Im dropping down to mostly 9mm now, so, in the end, I will likely keep a MP9 and G17....but if, on the .45, I had to pick just one...it would be the G21SF (especially now that they are making them with single sided mag releases)

John_Wayne777
07-06-07, 07:31
Hawkeye owes us some pics of the new toys!