PDA

View Full Version : The case of Shirley Sherrod

Iraqgunz
09-02-10, 01:06
Assuming that this is true, the American public has been scammed. Unfortunately I don't think our elected officials have the spine to ask for an investigation.

Read it for yourself and make your own decision.

http://www.israpundit.com/archives/27275

Irish
09-02-10, 01:36
Thanks for posting this. I've forwarded it on to several people I know.

500grains
09-02-10, 01:48
Sherrod should have been prosecuted for her original actions. And Obama should be prosecuted for his corruption.

Honu
09-02-10, 02:56

I was curious about what happened with this ;)

SteyrAUG
09-02-10, 03:15
Sherrod should have been prosecuted for her original actions. And Obama should be prosecuted for his corruption.

Yep. Despite the context of the entire video and her eventually providing assistance to the white farmer, the fact of the matter is she was still a racist and she let her racism dictate the level of assistance she gave the white farmer.

When you are in so much trouble you actually need to go to the government for help, there is no reason you should have to wait for a person to "get over their racism" to do their job correctly.

If that had been a white person, bragging at a Klan rally about how they initially didn't help black farmers as much as they could have, nobody in government would have lined up to kiss their ass, apologize or offer them a better job. Even if they did have a "eventually I did the right thing and helped them" moral to the story.

rob_s
09-02-10, 05:57
Yep. Despite the context of the entire video and her eventually providing assistance to the white farmer, the fact of the matter is she was still a racist and she let her racism dictate the level of assistance she gave the white farmer.

When you are in so much trouble you actually need to go to the government for help, there is no reason you should have to wait for a person to "get over their racism" to do their job correctly.

If that had been a white person, bragging at a Klan rally about how they initially didn't help black farmers as much as they could have, nobody in government would have lined up to kiss their ass, apologize or offer them a better job. Even if they did have a "eventually I did the right thing and helped them" moral to the story.

The link here has virtually nothing to do with this.

the link alleges that Sherrod and Obama orchestrated a lawsuit against the federal government through which Sherrod's family got a $13 mil settlement.

Iraqgunz
09-02-10, 07:27
I did a Google search and this info was also published in Time and the San Francisco Examiner. Someone needs to demand a Congressional inquiry.

500grains
09-02-10, 10:28
How about if you demand it?

I am composing a letter to Obama about taxes. Hopefully it will not get me put into a FEMA camp by DHS.

Safetyhit
09-02-10, 11:01
What a witch. Wonder how her lawsuit against Breitbart is going, or if it even will go now that this information has been exposed.

Dirk Williams
09-02-10, 11:12
Has anybody confirmed this data is factual?.

D Williams

THCDDM4
09-02-10, 11:38
Quite an interesting story; it will be more interesting yet to see how it pans out. I would bet my money on it being swept under the rug like most things involving high profile govt. officials.

SO sad the state of our country and its tyranous politicians...

Our fore fathers would have revolted several times throughout our past and not allowed things to have settled this way; too bad we didn't take/learn the lessons they tried to pass down to keep us from having such a tyrant government and being rule by gang control and forced to pay taxes at the point of a gun/fear of imprisonment...

The slow userpation of our liberty is coming to an end with the errosion of the constitution and our bill of rights.

FTG

Icculus
09-02-10, 12:48
I forwarded this to some people here at work including one person who is a bleeding heart through and through. She responded with a rebuttal of how the blogger used census figures which are only accurate for a single year and not appropriate for a lawsuit spanning 1983-1997. Also I was sent the following link

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:yahEapO99G8J:www.nationalaglawcenter.org/assets/crs/RS20430.pdf+Pigford&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShsnbB-5pdTcFdNjCBOJ3HTe9MmYXRswKA4w1P5_P_mWsvmGw6wP9fYhncaFLF6YsSBtOAh8Hlq1WbVcU3cNLU57PZZ5nVQ_ldfi17jK4aLVGRAtI0L8IAtykwsImt-3dUn1NKZ&sig=AHIEtbQSfFUcAiDZ0PJfnCXQ2byFn5iv2Q

One thing I noticed was on page 6 the report says “Claimants can seek fast-track payments of up to $50,000 plus dept relief, or choose a longer process for damages of up to $250,000.” However the first report says that Sherrod's family received the highest payout of almost $13 million???

Is there any more information to be found on this?

SteyrAUG
09-02-10, 12:54

the link alleges that Sherrod and Obama orchestrated a lawsuit against the federal government through which Sherrod's family got a $13 mil settlement.

I know. I was commenting on the original issue which was referenced in the comment I replied to.

Alex V
09-02-10, 13:30
I bet $5 this goes nowhere... :(

Icculus
09-02-10, 13:39
Well in trying to dig up some more info on this I also found the following link from the Washington Examiner

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/Examiner-Opinion-Zone/Shirley-Sherrods-Disappearing-Act-Not-So-Fast-98846149.html

... The cash (settlement) award acknowledges racial discrimination on the part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture for the years 1981-85. ... New Communities is due to receive approximately $13 million ($8,247,560 for loss of land and $4,241,602 for loss of income; plus $150,000 each to Shirley and Charles for pain and suffering). There may also be an unspecified amount in forgiveness of debt. This is the largest award so far in the minority farmers law suit (Pigford vs Vilsack).

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-02-10, 13:50
You have to keep things simplier than that for it to play. That is too convuluted. Why not bring out the charge when the tape was released?

m4fun
09-02-10, 13:55
This will be fun if it does go that far - maybe from the "celebrity" factor but not sure what else.

Forward it to Beck and see if he bites.

JackOSU
09-02-10, 13:58

So what?

He was making a statement still related to one of the parties involved and the reason we know about this mainly today is because of the oringinal event of the video clip being released a few months ago.

Quit being such a damn Nazi about who can post what in a thread. Until we see "Moderator" under your name maybe you should pipe it down a little bit eh??

Honu
09-02-10, 14:28
wow shirley is a
activist !
gov job pig !
racist !

AND A FARMER !

she is well versed in things !

Skyyr
09-02-10, 14:34
You have to keep things simplier than that for it to play. That is too convuluted. Why not bring out the charge when the tape was released?

Because you have to catch them AFTER they've tried to wrap it up. If you bring out the video at the same time as the allegations, half of the populace won't care and the other half will be split over what the real issue is. End result: nothing happens. BUT... if you release the full video and let the parties involved reword and rewrite the history of what happened to cover themselves and their actions... and THEN drop a bomb like this, it shatters everything they just did. They can't recant and claim innocence because they just did that days or weeks earlier in response to the initial issue; recanting their actions again would paint them as liars and re-open the initial investigation. This results in more people on board to bring them down and it snowballs. It's all about using human nature against itself. This tactic works very well in ANY atmosphere, whether it's personal, business, political, etc.

The only issue now is finding an outlet that will publicize this mess.

Icculus
09-02-10, 15:22
So apparently in some peoples eyes (an ongoing debate I'm having here at work) the link posted by IG and the link to the Washington Enquirer article I posted don't qualify as legitimate proof that she hustled the American taxpayers out of $13 million:rolleyes:. If anyone can find a copy of the actual legal settlement that would be awesome.

Palmguy
09-02-10, 15:36
If anyone can find a copy of the actual legal settlement that would be awesome.

LOL...it's probably with Obama's long form BC.

RogerinTPA
09-02-10, 15:53
I bet $5 this goes nowhere... :(

Agreed.

If an investigation is ever launched, POTUS will direct Holder to not look too hard, dismiss the findings and not pursue charges against her. I bet she'll even keep the money.