PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 with Warrens

newyork
09-02-10, 14:04
I'd like to purchase a G19 with plain black Warren sight and front night sight. Is there a dealer online that will install them or is my only bet buying the Glock and sights seperately and having a local shop install them?
Thanks in advance

Blinking Dog
09-02-10, 14:46
All I've seen available are Glocks with their standard sights, and the Glock night sights.

I'd guess your best course of action is to buy a Glock with the standard crappy sights then change them out later. I have Warrens on my G19 and really like them. But mine are the 2 dot night sights.

newyork
09-02-10, 15:22
Just talked to Steve at SCP Firearms. He will sell a G19 and buy any sights that fit it and install them for free. I just have to pay for the gun, sights and shipping

skyugo
09-02-10, 15:25
keep in mind that stock glock sights are worth about 5 dollars. (seriously, look em up on midway)

newyork
09-02-10, 16:44
He said he would only charge a few bucks more than Midway for a set of Warrens and install for free. Even at a few more dollars, it save money on shipping or having a store install them.

PlatoCATM
09-02-10, 17:57
Post back if you are able to find a dealer who carries a Warren Tactical package with a plain rear and night front sights. I have seen one dealer that carries the night front sight alone, but they do not also carry the plain rear sight alone. Most dealers typically carry complete sets, and I don't want to have to buy two sets of sights or end up with a random rear sight.

loupav
09-02-10, 18:21
Steve at SCP is a good guy. I've done business with him before.

deercop
09-02-10, 18:43
Post back if you are able to find a dealer who carries a Warren Tactical package with a plain rear and night front sights. I have seen one dealer that carries the night front sight alone, but they do not also carry the plain rear sight alone. Most dealers typically carry complete sets, and I don't want to have to buy two sets of sights or end up with a random rear sight.

http://mle-shootingsports.com/Sights-/-Tools-Warren-Tactical/c7_28/p292/WTS-Warren-Tactical-Sets-Glock/product_info.html

newyork
09-03-10, 14:47
thanks deercop. I just ordered a set from the link you provided. I will either send them to SCP to install on the gun I buy from them.

thopkins22
09-03-10, 15:00
http://www.skdtac.com/Warren_Tactical_Sight_Tritium_Front_p/wrt.204.htm

Installing them isn't rocket science.

newyork
09-03-10, 16:38
I don't have a sight pusher.

operator81
09-03-10, 17:34
Brass punch is what I use. I've installed 6 sets on my Glocks this way.

johnson
09-03-10, 18:07
I bought a foot long brass rod at a metal supply place and use half as a squib rod and the other as a sight tool.

newyork
09-03-10, 19:13
Does it matter which side the sights are started on? What's a good method for making sure they are perfectly centered. Sorry, never done this but I'd like to do it myself.

8200rpm
09-03-10, 23:59
Does it matter which side the sights are started on? What's a good method for making sure they are perfectly centered. Sorry, never done this but I'd like to do it myself.

For some reason, MGW recommends installing left to right. But, I'm not sure it matters.

Doesn't matter if the sight is "perfectly centered" in relation to the slide. The rear sight might need to be biased to one side to get proper windage @ point of aim/point of impact. Take a punch (or sight pusher) to the range.

In my experience with a G19 and G35, the Warren rears were very tight even with a MGW sight pusher. I filed the base of the dovetail of the sight a tad bit using 400 grit sand paper... just enough to remove the finish and a little bit of metal, then I hit it with some cold blue before I installed it. It made the job easier. You may or may not need to do this.

You also need one of these for the front sight...

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1304/Product/FRONT_SIGHT_TOOL_for_GLOCK_reg_ This one apparently doesn't work on long slide or tactical/practical (G34/35) models.

http://www.arotek.com/default.aspx?page=ProductView&Part=212 This one works on all models. Worked fine with my G35.

SiGfever
09-04-10, 12:40
Steve @ SCP Firearms is a great guy and I highly recommend him. Great prices and a man of his word.