PDA

View Full Version : 2nd part of 1k to spend

fmhscopeland
09-03-10, 23:25
Well as some of you might know about my previous thread i decided to go the Glock route and got a 23... So since heaven forbid i actually save some of the money i would like ya'll input on some things. First of all sights, what is most popular with Glock guys, it has to be 3 dot and a true night sight, not light charged paint. Mepro, Triji, True Glow TFO, Warren of some kind, etc. Also Is it better to go with factory Glock parts for a 3.5# and ext slide lock or go through Sherer or Lone Wolf or other manufactures. Lastly id like to get a Lone Wolf 9 barrel to train with, help cut down the cost. Other than them advising the use of 9mm mags, i have heard that replacing the extractor with a 9mm one might be needed. Is it just picky gun to gun on which ones need it and which ones can get by with the stock 40 one? Will it cause any damage to the extractor, ejector, firing pin, etc by running that barrel and 9's through the weapon? Thanks as always M4 guys

JR TACTICAL
09-04-10, 02:57
As far as night sights go, my glock has trijicon's on it, the are fantastic and really bright. Meprolight makes great ones too, I installed to sets on a customer of mines glocks and he can't say enough good about them. I think you will be safe either way you go if you decide to go with those companies, I have not seen any other sights on glocks. I know Glock uses Trijicon when they put them on at the factory so if that tells you anything.

Hope this helps

willowofwisp
09-04-10, 05:06
My ideal setup on a glock is this

warren or heinie 2 dot night sights
vickers mag release
flush grip plug
3.5lb connector and ny1 spring

I would probably skip on the extended slide lock I find if anything they get in the way.

Ga Shooter
09-04-10, 06:34
My set up on all my Glocks

Ameriglo Hackathorn sights

Ghost 3.5# connector

Vicker's Mag Release (if available)

Pearce butt plug (if available)

Nothing else needed except a little TW25B lube a few cases of ammo and professional training.

Business_Casual
09-04-10, 07:37
There is literally at least one thread about Glock sights on every page of this forum up to at least page 9. I know, I just looked. I added them to the Handgun Help Sticky thread:

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=30221

B_C

skyugo
09-04-10, 11:32
i use triji 3 dot sights. orange or yellow rear is preferred, but not essential. i'm interested in 2 dots, like the heinie straight 8's, but i'm really really tired of dicking around with sights, so 3 dot is what i'm gonna be using for awhile.

replacing the extractor and ejector with 9mm parts will definitely help reliability on the 9mm barrel. consider getting set up to reload 9mm as well, you can easily do it for about 11 cents a round. I wouldn't recommend reloading the 40 cal in the stock barrel, i'm sure you'll notice the little bulge at the base of fired casings. this is the dreaded "unsupported chamber" no problem on a new casing, but if the round lines up that way a few times it can blow out. :eek: i think lone wolf and some others offer 40 cal barrels that are full supported for the g23.

John_Wayne777
09-04-10, 14:17
I have to agree with BC on this...It's been done.

Short version of "What should I do to my new Glock?"

- Aftermarket sights from Warren, Heinie, 10-8, etc.
- Vickers mag release
- Extended slide release if you are a lefty