PDA

View Full Version : which comp/flash hider: battlecomp or pws fsc556

Underwood 43
09-05-10, 08:16
Having seen the video on the battlecomp and seeing lots of posters saying good things about pws. Which one is better and is there anything to look out for if using either?

snakedoctor
09-05-10, 08:48
I use an SJC Titan Comp. :big_boss:

Robb Jensen
09-05-10, 08:53
The PWS FSC556 does a better job a flash suppression and an equal job of recoil reduction. The byproduct is it's WAY louder than the Battlecomp. I'd choose the Battlecomp myself since it's better suited for what I use my guns for competition and training. Both require odd position like around barricades and on the ground urban prone etc. The Battlecomp is a much better choice in these instances since it doesn't kick up debris as much or blast the gun off of the barricade.

Hmac
09-05-10, 09:03
I have an FSC 556 and like it a lot. HUGE difference in manageability over an A2 FH. It's a little loud, but I wear hearing protection, so...no issue there (for me). Not anywhere near as loud as the Surefire I shot on a guy's SBR a few weeks ago.

Having said that, I did just order a Battle Comp yesterday for an SBR I'm building, despite its significantly higher price over the PWS unit ($149 vs $94). I can't compare the two yet. I'll be interested to see if it's worth the price difference, given that my primary concern is recoil and muzzle rise with little worry about noise and flash. Hard to imagine that the Battle Comp will be any better at managing the muzzle, but for the extra $55 I can always hope...

Belmont31R
09-05-10, 10:54
As noted already the PWS works well but has quite a bit of blast. Not as much as some competition brakes but Ive shot next to people with them, and you can feel it 2-3 lanes down.

I own a BC 1.0, and its as tame as you are going to get IMO while still having excellent muzzle rise and recoil reduction. It acts much like a KAC Triple Tap but without the $425 price. $150 is still a bit pricey but you gotta pay to play. One thing about a muzzle device is it gets used every time you pull the trigger. Its hard to say its not worth the benefits when most of us are putting ~$250 iron sights on our guns that probably don't get used all that often. Or a $400 Surefire weapon light and QD mount that rarely gets used.

seb5
09-05-10, 22:21
They both work well. FWIW I've sold all but one PWS and now own 4 BattleComps. The biggest difference for me was when using the Viking type barriers I seemed to get more blast back at me and a lot more debris when doing rollover prone from the PWS.

WillardCW4
09-06-10, 01:06
I vote for the BC1.0. If you ever plan to go prone and fire, there is a very noticeable difference. The PWS kicks up more dust.

BC distributes the gases behind the bullet radially out and forward of the shooter. The PWS directs the gasses out to the sides and back towards the shooter.

Both are phenomenal at controlling muzzle rise.

See:

http://vuurwapenblog.com/2010/08/16/new-youtube-username/

http://vuurwapenblog.com/2010/08/23/battle-comp-night-shoot-comparison/

UDT
09-06-10, 08:24
JMO, but I would go for the Battlecomp, for the reasons stated above.

cop1211
09-06-10, 19:23
I've had both. Replaced the PWS with the another Battle comp.

Zeus
09-07-10, 11:58
I went Battlecomp directly from the PWS on my SBR... I keep saying this, but my personal back to back experience is that the Battlecomp is all the pluses of the PWS with none of the minuses. The PWS is a great product and does what advertised phenomenally. However, the Battlecomp in my experience does the same with no "buts".

markm
09-07-10, 20:10
I'd like to see the battle comp compared against the CAV comp. I have the PWS and have become quite used to its noisy ways.

I wouldn't pay the price for EITHER the PWS or the BATTLE Comp if it were coming out of my own pocket.

jklaughrey
09-07-10, 20:57
BC hands down surpasses PWS. I have used both and have changed over my ARs to BC. Gave my PWS's to my cousin. Now just need a couple of BC 1.5's.

500grains
09-08-10, 11:29
I vote Battlecomp. I had a PWS that I sold because I am deaf enough already. ;) If you expect to shoot the rifle without hearing protection EVER, I would go with the Battlecomp for sure.

Hmac
09-08-10, 12:54
I just had a bad experience with PWS relative to their $149 "Enhanced" buffer tube and their willingness to help their customers. My advice, bite the bullet and get the Battle Comp. I definitely perceive a difference in willingness to support the customer between PWS and BCE.

wwhateley
09-08-10, 19:20
Can you mount use a BC as a mount for a suppressor? I'm thinking of getting a 14.5" with a pinned comp, and eventually I want to add a can to the package. I know that the PWS is compatible with some suppressors.

Zeus
09-08-10, 20:05
My understanding is that the 1.5 will be, and there will be a version of the 1.0 that also will be. I believe that the Gemtec Halo works with the 1.0 but they will not warranty it as the 1.0 is a hair narrow and "could" cause baffle strikes IF the unit came loose. With that said, I believe there are people using it at their own risk. This will be moot when they get the suppressor friendly version, or revision out.